Arbitron RADAR: Three-Quarters Of America Heard Network Radio Spots
An Increase Of Almost 2 Million In One Year
June 20, 2011 at 10:00 AM (PT)
About three quarters of Americans have heard one or more network radio commercials, ARBITRON reports in its JUNE 2011 RADAR® (Radio’s All Dimension Audience Research) 109 Radio Network Ratings survey. Approximately 191.9 million Persons 12+ -- 74% -- heard one or more network radio commercials in an average week of the survey, an increase of nearly 1.9 million versus the JUNE 2010 report.
That percentage is fairly uniform when broken down by demo. Commercials aired on the 56 radio networks measure reached:
* 74% of Persons aged 12+ (191,891,000 Persons)
* 74.3% of Persons aged 18+ (174,299,000 Persons)
* 73.4% of Persons aged 35+ (120,238,000 Persons)
* 77% of Persons aged 18-49 (103,841,000 Persons)
* 77.2% of Persons aged 25-54 (97,992,000 Persons)
ARBITRON posts RADAR Radio Network Ratings for Persons aged 18-49 and Persons aged 25-54 on its website.