MP3.com Unveils New Site Featuring One Million Free Tracks
June 21, 2011 at 7:10 AM (PT)
CBS INTERACTIVE MUSIC GROUP has debuted the redesign of MP3.com, "the original online source for free legal music downloads." At launch, the new MP3.com offers more than one million complimentary tracks. The site also has begun an extensive 30-day promotional campaign online and across CBS RADIO’s 90+ music stations featuring free songs from a sampling of today's leading artists.
"MP3.com has been a cornerstone of the online music movement since the early days of the Internet," said CBS INTERACTIVE MUSIC GROUP Pres. DAVID GOODMAN. "The time is right to build on that history with this robust content offering. In so doing, we are confident we can continue to invigorate our long-standing relationship with the music industry in a mutually beneficial way. We look forward to the many contributions MP3.com will make in that regard, and to bringing the full resources of CBS INTERACTIVE MUSIC GROUP to bear in order to make a compelling product for music fans."
Additional MP3.com features include:
* Free MP3 of the Day: a complimentary track from a high-profile artist, along with relevant information about the song and musician;
* Label of the Week: weekly postings showcasing a number of exciting free MP3s from artists on a notable record label;
* On the Scene: editorial around cities, neighborhoods and regions that are important on the music scene. Free downloads will correlate to artists who got their start or are popular in the particular locale.
* Unique editorial content posts; authoritative artist profile pages from LAST.FM, and headlines from CBS RADIO stations;
* Dedicated artist radio stations provided by LAST.FM; and music videos.