Triton Digital Unveils New Social And Mobile Features
September 12, 2011 at 6:04 AM (PT)
TRITON DIGITAL has rolled out a number of enhancements to its applications and services portfolio aimed at expanding radio stations' abilities to capture audiences across social media and mobile devices.
New features include:
* UGC Contesting: TRITON's new "DIGITAL IVY" contesting platform is centered on user-generated content (UGC) contesting. DIGITAL IVY will simplify deployment of UGC contests that can simultaneously be published as microsites (enabling stations to build free-standing contests for advertisers), embedded on a station's site and in its FACEBOOK application. DIGITAL IVY will initially be released as part of TRITON's STICKYFISH platform and then as a standalone contesting service for any client.
* Enhanced Social Media Integration: New consumer login and integrated social publishing functionality makes it easier for consumers to enroll in the stations loyalty programs using their existing FACEBOOK credentials and easier for FLEX clients to simultaneously publish content to their websites and popular social networks such as FACEBOOK, TWITTER and more. In addition, it is now easier for stations to track how many listeners are engaged with their programs and social media.
* Mobile Marketing and Loyalty Club Registration: There are over four billion mobile phones in use today, making mobile registration key to a successful loyalty campaign. TRITON now enables listeners to register for their favorite station's loyalty club from any web enabled phone, such as iPHONE and DROID devices. Listeners can be recruited to the mobile registration via street team promotions and a powerful new addition to TRITON's SMS texting platform (MXM).
* Gamification: TRITON's Social Engagement Engine (SEE) enables stations to drive increased engagement by allowing listeners to "level-up" by performing client-defined actions that occur anywhere across their digital enterprise (including website and mobile applications). As listeners level-up and increase their status, they unlock awards that can be published to FACEBOOK and used to access gated content, enter into exclusive contests and much more.
* QR Code Registration and Contesting: With the new "Scan and Win" module in STICKYFISH (TRITON's points-based loyalty program), broadcasters can use QR codes to create unique and exciting mobile promotions and contests. Whether creating a digital scavenger hunt for points or simply incorporating a promotion with retail signage, radio stations can grow audiences by leveraging QR code technology.
"Using TRITON's QR code contesting feature allows us to extend our contesting capabilities online and drive promotional awareness without using man hours on the streets," said CLEAR CHANNEL ONLINE Digital Sales Manager and Content Director PATRICK DIAB. "It allows us to dip our toes in the smartphone pool of users who appreciate innovative ways to communicate with their favorite radio stations."
"Broadcasters are increasingly recognizing the importance of engaging with their digital-savvy audiences on FACEBOOK, TWITTER and mobile devices," said TRITON DIGITAL APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES Pres. CHRIS BELL. "We know that by providing a simple solution for integrating social and mobile elements, radio stations will have more time to focus on their core competency -- creating great content."