Report: Amy Winehouse Died Of Alcohol Poisoning
October 26, 2011 at 12:36 PM (PT)
MTV reports "AMY WINEHOUSE died as a result of drinking too much alcohol."
The British coroner who investigated the singer's untimely death released that information TODAY (10/26).
"WINEHOUSE, 27, who famously struggled with drug and alcohol addiction during her short life, was found in her bed in her LONDON apartment in JULY, and police said they discovered three bottles of vodka at the scene. After initial autopsy results were inconclusive, the GRAMMY-winning singer's father, MITCH WINEHOUSE, said his daughter had been drug-free for some time, suggesting that it was alcohol withdrawal that had killed her," noted MTV.