Jacobs Media Chooses Five Finalists For 'Radio's Interactive Superstar'
November 3, 2011 at 12:46 PM (PT)
After searching through what they describe as "some truly creative and compelling entries," LORI LEWIS and the JACOBS MEDIA team have narrowed their choices to five talented finalists for "Radio's Interactive Superstar," a nationwide search for the radio person who displays the best use of social media.
"We had originally planned on just three entrants, but the submissions were so incredible that we expanded our field to five," said LEWIS.
The five finalists are:
* CHRIS PETLAK, Social Media Manager - WTMX/CHICAGO (HUBBARD)
* MARK HAMILTON, PD/Station Manager - KNRK/PORTLAND (ENTERCOM)
* MARIA MORE, Midday host - WHTA/ATLANTA (RADIO ONE)
* RUSS FRANCIS, Dir./Social Networking - KIDD KRADDICK/YEA! NETWORKS
* JIM O’BRIEN, Producer, Ken Calvert Show - WCSX/DETROIT (GREATER MEDIA)
The winner of "Radio's Interactive Superstar" will make a guest appearance at JACOBS MEDIA's Summit 16 in BALTIMORE on DECEMBER 7th.
To view the entries and to vote, visit www.jacobsmedia.com/summit/interactivesuperstar.asp. The deadline to vote is NOVEMBER 9th at noon ET.
"This is great stuff," notes LEWIS, "and it's an indication that the radio industry has some incredibly talented social media personnel who are doing great things for their stations and companies. We can’t wait to see how the voting turns out."