Jacobs Media Summit 16 Agenda Set
Industry Event To Be Held On December 7th
November 15, 2011 at 7:03 AM (PT)
JACOBS MEDIA has released the agenda for its 16th SUMMIT. Designed to provide commercial and public broadcasters with a 360 degree view of the challenges and opportunities facing the industry with fast-paced, shorter sessions, SUMMIT 16 will provide a broad perspective on the radio industry in 2011 and beyond.
"Over four hours, we'll hear from many thought-leaders from a wide variety of backgrounds," JACOBS MEDIA Pres. FRED JACOBS said. "There will be presentations from the U.K. perspective, from the U.S. Census Bureau, from great national on-air talent, and even from the NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE. Our mission, as always, is to provide attendees with information and action steps that they can take back to their stations and implement, and this collection of speakers delivers on that promise."
The Summit 16 lineup includes:
* JAMES CRIDLAND: A radio futurologist from the U.K. and a fan of American radio, CRIDLAND will address the importance of radio speaking with one voice. He will share examples from across the pond that demonstrate how by working together, radio can remain a strong and vibrant medium.
* DR. ROBERT GROVES: The U.S. Census Bureau generates an enormous amount of data. The agency's director, DR. ROBERT GROVES, will provide insight into how radio can use its findings to better understand the changing demography of the country, as well as demographic trends that will help shape decision-making in the future.
* JEFF PULVER: A renowned thought leader and entrepreneur, PULVER is the founder of the 140 Characters Conference. JEFF is a fan of radio, and will share his vision on the intersection of our industry and the real-time web.
* ED SCHULTZ: The star of MSNBC's "The ED Show" and his own syndicated radio talk show, SCHULTZ will discuss radio's power to motivate audiences and the importance of 'retail radio' -- getting out of the studio and interacting with the listeners.
* Radio’s Interactive Superstar -- CHRIS PETLAK: Across America there are talented people working in radio who are developing outstanding social media strategies. In OCTOBER, JACOBS MEDIA set out to find the one person who is doing it best. More than 43,000 votes later, CHRIS PETLAK, Social Media Manager of WTMX/CHICAGO, emerged as the winner. He’ll share his secrets behind the station’s social success.
* JIM FARLEY: VP/News and Programming of WTOP/WASHINGTON, D.C., will tell the story of how he and his team have not only moved his content to FM, but created a multi-platform phenomenon that has emerged as one of the most successful news media operations in the U.S.
* BROOKE GLADSTONE: The co-host of NPR's "On The Media" and author of "The Influencing Machine: BROOKE GLADSTONE On the Media," shares her view on the current state of media and the impact of technology on journalism and broadcasting. FRED JACOBS will interview BROOKE about her observations regarding where media is heading and how radio will play a major role.
* SEAN PARKER/LORI LEWIS: Are there any more fanatical followers than sports fans? SEAN PARKER is the Director and Social Solutions Provider for the NHL's WASHINGTON CAPITALS. In a live interview with LORI LEWIS, SEAN will discuss the challenges of managing the social media messaging of major talent, while using social media to identify and motivate his fan base.
* FUTURE OF RADIO PANEL: JACOBS will wrap up THE SUMMIT with a roundtable of some of the best thinkers in the business. Moderated by RAIN's KURT HANSON, they’ll feature leading-edge thinkers like WTOP's JIM FARLEY, JAMES CRIDLAND, and others. Via TWITTER, SUMMIT attendees will be able to provide a running commentary of this key session.
THE SUMMIT is once again partnering with the ARBITRON CLIENT CONFERENCE, so attendees will also be able to attend ARBITRON's lineup of presentations as well.
The ARBITRON CLIENT CONFERENCE and SUMMIT 16 run from DECEMBER 6-8 at the HYATT REGENCY INNER HARBOR in downtown BALTIMORE.
Get more info at www.jacobsmedia.com/summit.