Julie Greenwald Named #1 'Music Power Player'
December 2, 2011 at 4:03 PM (PT)
ATLANTIC RECORDS Chairman/COO JULIE GREENWALD has been honored as BILLBOARD "Women In Music Power Players List." The honorees were feted this afternoon at the sixth annual BILLBOARD Women in Music Event at CAPITALE in NEW YORK CITY.
For the third year, BILLBOARD invited readers worldwide to submit nominations, and female executives in every industry sector were eligible. A team of BILLBOARD’s editors then reviewed the submissions and the top 40 nominees were chosen and ranked based on their achievements during the past 12 months.
Other honored label executives were WARNER BROS. RECORDS Co-Pres./COO LIVIA TORTELLA (#4), UMG Global head of digital accounts AMANDA MARKS (#6) and INTERSCOPE GEFFEN A&M RECORDS Pres./Promotion (#8).
The highest ranking woman in radio was Top 40/Mainstream WHTZ (Z100) SHARON DASTUR (NET NEWS, 10/31)
1. JULIE GREENWALD, Chairman/COO, ATLANTIC RECORDS
2. JODY GERSON, Co-Pres., SONY/ATV MUSIC PUBLISHING
3. KATHY WILLARD, EVP/CFO, LIVE NATION ENTERTAINMENT
4. LIVIA TORTELLA, Co-Pres./COO, WARNER BROS. RECORDS
5. ALEXANDRA PATSAVAS, Owner, CHOP SHOP MUSIC GROUP
6. AMANDA MARKS, Global head of digital accounts, UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP
7. DEBRA LEE, Chairman/CEO, BET NETWORKS
8. BRENDA ROMANO, Pres./Promotion, INTERSCOPE GEFFEN A&M RECORDS
9. SHARON DASTUR, PD, WHTZ/NEW YORK, CLEAR CHANNEL RADIO
10. MELISSA LONNER, NBC News senior entertainment producer, NBCUNIVERSAL