2015 Worldwide Radio Summit Backstage Podcast: Interview With Jeff Dauler, Co-Host And Executive Producer Of The Bert Show
September 29, 2015
I sat down with Jeff Dauler, co-host and executive producer of the syndicated morning show The Bert Show, for the fourth episode of my podcast from the fifth annual Worldwide Radio Summit. The Worldwide Radio Summit is a multi-day conference, hosted by All Access and A&R Worldwide, where radio broadcasters and music industry executives get together to exchange ideas. (You can find details on the 2016 conference here.) I was backstage interviewing leaders in the radio broadcasting industry, including air talent, executives, record label representatives, and more.
Subscribe to the Podcast:
You can also listen to the podcast through the All Access mobile app (built by jacapps):
Episode #4: Jeff Dauler, Co-host and Executive Producer of The Bert Show
Jeff Dauler has co-hosted the syndicated radio morning show The Bert Show with Bert Weiss since 2001. The show can be heard on seventeen radio stations throughout the country, including Atlanta, Dallas, and Nashville. He is also a stand-up comedian, triathlete, and an avid social media user.
Here's what we talked about:
- Brian Phillips helped put the show together at Q100 in Atlanta; he's now the President of CMT
- Bert Weiss hosts the show; before that he was with Jack Diamond in Washington D.C.
- Jeff did stints in Philadelphia, producing for Chio, and in Arizona working for Mojo
- Kristin Klingshirn joined the show as a co-host several years ago
- Jeff Foxworthy helped Jeff get back into stand-up comedy
- Tommy Owen makes the technical magic happen when the cast is not all in the same location
- Tracey Kinney is responsible for working with the show's affiliates
- Cassie Young repurposes content and shares it on social media
- Jeff uses Buffer to schedule his tweets
- Jeff noticed when Chrissy Teigen followed him on Twitter
- Neal Bortz was Jeff's favorite radio host
- Three radio hosts from 790 The Zone in Atlanta were fired for making fun of former New Orleans Saints player Steve Gleason
- Former ESPN sports reporter Britt McHenry landed in hot water when a video of her berating a towing company employee went viral online
- Jeff has a line of "Keep Moving Forward" jewelry, inspired by his triathlon
- Jeff was a board member of the Recording Academy in Atlanta
Next week, you'll hear my interview with Warren Kurtzman, President and COO of Coleman Insights.
Special thanks to my producer, James Clausen.
NEXT STEP: Subscribe to this podcast in iTunes. While you're there, please leave a review. And don't forget to go back and listen to my interviews with Emmis CEO Jeff Smulyan, Jacobs Media President Fred Jacobs, and PodcastOne Founder Norm Pattiz.