A Crash Course In Radio And The Connected Car
August 16, 2016
Connected cars - cars with a computer at the center of the dashboard instead of a radio - will have a huge impact on the radio broadcasting industry. And they're already here.
Last fall, my company, Jacobs Media Strategies, teamed up with Radio Ink to host the third DASH Conference, an event that focused on the future of radio in the connected car. If you missed it, don't worry - I recorded a series of backstage interviews with various thought leaders in the automotive and broadcasting industries.
We've been publishing these as a podcast series. So far, six of the 12 episodes are available, and we've covered topics ranging from Apple and Google's dashboard operating systems to designing mobile apps for radio to podcasting.
If you haven't done so yet, carve out some time this week to listed to the DASH Podcast. Here are the interviews we've published so far:
- Paul Jacobs: Intro to Radio and the Connected Car
- John Ellis: Apple's CarPlay and Google's Android Auto
- Eric Nuzum: Podcasting and On-Demand Audio
- Erica Farber: The Evolution of Radio Advertising
- Fred Sattler: How Car Companies Think About Radio Advertising
- Joel Sucherman: Building a Radio Mobile App for the Connected Car
NEXT STEP: Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.