10 Questions with ... Demarcus Stovall
November 12, 2013
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
Well, I'm just starting out. I'd like to obtain a position with a growing media company that will enable me to grow and be a successful broadcaster.
- High energy, self-motivated, and excellent work ethics.
- Ability to work with and assist all types of personalities in the work place.
- Ability to acquire and apply knowledge rapidly, with tenacious follow through.
- Good on-air, programming, and technical abilities.
- Creative copywriting, and show prep.
1) Do you plan on sticking with radio?
Yes. This has been dream since I've been in high school.
2) What's the best way to get your foot in the door?
Knowing somebody who knows somebody at the station you want to work at.
3) What has been your best resource for finding out about job openings?
Ever since I've found out about all access.com it's been my number one source for job searching.
4) What is the next job you'd like to obtain?
I'd love to work at K104 in DFW, or The Blaze in Tyler TX, or any station that would take a chance on a good hard worker.
5) Are you spending as much time listening to radio as you used to?
Yes. I eat sleep and breathe radio all day every day. I listen to the radio on my way to bed and it's still on when I wake up.
6) How will this experience change you when get to work?
I'll be able to let my fans know ... don't give up on your dreams! Just keep pushing.
7) What has been your biggest career accomplishment?
Deciding to get out of a truck and get behind a mic and do what I enjoy doing for a living.
8) Where do you see yourself in five years? Ten years?
In five years, I'll be a big household name in the radio game. In 10 years, I'll have one of the biggest production companies in the industry.
9) What do you do to maintain a positive mental attitude and stay motivated?
Don't give up and stay "prayed up" and have faith in what you're trying to accomplish. Your time to shine will come. Timing is everything.
10) What's the most unbelievable question you've been asked in an interview?
The guy asked me, "What do you plan on eating on your last days on earth?" I told him I'll be at Pancho's Buffet, raising up my flag.
What great movies have you recently seen?
Alex Cross, Flight, Django Unchained.