10 Questions with ... Dave Fuller
May 10, 2016
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
1) What do you do to maintain a positive mental attitude and stay motivated?
Know that every situation is temporary.
2) How are you occupying your time, besides looking for a job?
Catching up on sleep and exercise. Doing 7-midnight reeks havoc on both
3) Do you plan on sticking with radio?
Life without the possibility of parole.
4) What's the longest stretch you've had on the beach?
18 months in 2006-07.
5) What has been your best resource for finding out about job openings?
All Access (plug!) and networking. Social media is amazing. USE IT!
6) What is the next job you'd like to obtain?
PM drive in my hometown. Ain't no party like a Detroit party!!
7) What's the most unbelievable on air bit you were allowed to do?
Bobbing for cow tongues in a vat of milk for concert tickets at KISS-FM Toledo 1990. Gross but great theatre-of-the-mind play-by-play. If only we'd had YouTube in 1990! Instant viral!
8) Are you spending as much time listening to radio as you used to?
More than ever. I talk up intros in my car. I need help LOL,.
9) Are you able to slow down and enjoy free time doing things with your family and friends that you probably did not have time to do while you were working?
Yes. I look at this downtime as a blessing.
10) Having been through all you have dealt with in this biz, what advice would you give people trying to break in?
Talk to the vets in the biz. Listen to them. Pay it forward. I'm a big believer in nurturing talent. I've heard from so many up and coming stars in this biz since I was let go, and there are many (looking at you, Brady in Seattle!), who have reached out to me saying they learned so much just by listening to me. I can't tell you how rewarding that is.
Your favorite new diversion is ...
Snapchat. Hooked! Snap me!