You Use Your iPad Where?
June 15, 2011
Nielsen has conducted a study on how, when and where mobile users use various types of devices. They wanted to find out how items like smartphones, e-readers and tablets differ from one another in usage. Here are some of the highlights of their findings:
- People use tablets while watching TV more than any other activity
- E-readers are used more while lying in bed than at any other time
- Smartphones are used more often when the user is watching TV than any other activity, but not by much. Smartphones are so ubiquitous that they are used while their owners are performing all kinds of other tasks.
- Tablets, especially the iPad, are used in the bathroom more than other devices
- 10% of smartphone usage takes place while the user is commuting