Plaxo Surveys Mobile Storage
July 29, 2011
Plaxo, the long-time cloud-based contact service has recently released the results of their Mobile Trends study <http://www.plaxo.com/about/press_room/mobile_ab_backup_trends> . Plaxo surveyed mobile users about their habits, specifically as it relates to backing up or losing their mobile data. Perhaps some of their findings will have implications for the future adoption of other cloud-based services, such as entertainment. Here are a few of the findings:
- 55% of mobile users say replacing lost contact data is the biggest hassle about losing a smartphone.
- 66% of all users mix personal and business contacts on the same device.
- Generation Y is the most comfortable with using online storage for backup.
- 1/3 of people reported having lost their phones or damaging one to the point where it needed to be replaced
- 19% of all respondents reported that they have dropped their smartphone in the toilet.