Overnight Briefing & General Reality Check - Oct 2, 2015
October 2, 2015
Posturing, Posing, Polling and Press Releases:
Don't look for DONALD TRUMP to run any TV spots for his GOP campaign anytime soon. Appearing on "New Hampshire Today," he said, "I thought I would've spent about $20-million-dollars for advertising, you know, up until this point, right? I've spent nothing. I can't advertise because I'm getting so much coverage. It would almost be: you'd OD on Trump. You understand. That's overdose on Trump."
He added, "Like, Peoplemagazine has a beautiful article today... You know, it's a cover story and so I have so much stuff --if I ever did that: Let's say you have a show on television, the whole thing's Trump and then on top of it you have the commercials Trump too. People would get sick... They'd say, 'It's too much. I can't take it anymore.'" (Pacelli)
Broadcast, cable and video news:
Look for HILLARY CLINTON on this weekend's season premiere of "Saturday Night Live."
The New York Times reported yesterday the former First Lady will appear with KATE McKINNON, who normally plays Hillary on the show.
This will be Hillary's second appearance on the show --the first time being back in 2008 when AMY POEHLER was playing her on "SNL."
Ever have an ex that just won't go away? SOFIA VERGARA feels your pain! RadarOnline.com reports the "Modern Family" hottie's former love NICK LOEB is weathering some financial difficulties, hitting up friends to invest in his Onion Crunch snack company and using her beautiful mug in the promotional materials. The opportunity is quite lucrative --he's set to branch out with Jalapeno Crunch, Fried Green Tomato Crunch, Hummus Crunch and Quinoa Crunch and hopes to raise a cool half-million-bucks.
Phone starter: Do you have a friend or family member that constantly asks for cash to fund some cockamamie idea? Ever tell them to go get a J-O-B? (Lee)
That morning Starbucks fix is much more than a jolt of java --it can set the tone for the entire day, especially if you're running after teeny, tiny hellraisers for hours on-end. What does your morning coffee say about what kind of mom you are? The good folks at TheStir went on a quest to find the answer!
1. Black. You're a minimalist that appreciates quality and your home is probably decorated in Danish modern.
2. Sweetened. Pick your poison --Spenda, Stevia or good, old-fashioned C & H-- you prefer life sugar-coated!
3. Dairy. Whole milk, organic, half and half or straight cream, you like your coffee light --and perfect! It better be the right variety, right amount and right temperature because you're a control freak.
4. Flavored. From pumpkin spice to hazelnut, vanilla to chocolate s'mores, you're the fun mom that everyone loves. Unfortunately, you're rarely on time, but that's just fine considering you think life's a party.
5. Iced. It may be chilly outside, but you're constantly on the go and need a caffeine fix through a straw.
6. Decaf. You sip this beverage with peace because you're not looking for a cheap buzz and know that life is overwhelming. (Lee)
Checking the Food Chain:
A new Stanford University study found that mealworms are capable of eating large amounts of plastic waste. The waste in question is... styrofoam, and the scientists say microorganisms in the worms' guts biodegrade the plastic in the process --a potential solution to the global plastic pollution problem. Every year, we Americans throw away 2.5 billion plastic foam coffee cups, but that's just the tip of the plastic iceberg --there are an estimated 33 million tons of plastic waste Americans alone throw away every year.
The Ross Brittain Report has been perfected by Ross and his award winning writers to provide customizable show prep every weekday morning. To see why it's one of the most important show prep services in the US, or for a free two week trial, please contact us using the contact info below in the "About The Author" section.