Overnight Briefing & General Reality Check - May 4, 2016
May 4, 2016
Bid'ness is Bid'ness:
BEYONCE just added the title of beverage mogul to her growing resume. JAY Z's blushing bride gave a chunk of change to a cold-pressed watermelon juice company called WTRMLN WTR, says it's the "future of clean, natural hydration" and believes it's an investment in "female leaders, fitness, American farmers and the health of people and our planet." The drink features watermelon flesh, rind, a drop of organic lemon juice and a 12-pack will set you back $39.99. (Lee)
That side of fries you get at McDonalds could be garlic.
Fortune magazine reports Mickey D's is test-marketing "Gilroy Garlic Fries" in a few locations in the San Francisco Bay Area. The fries are made to order and are tossed with a garlic puree that's made up of chopped garlic, olive oil, parmesan cheese, parsley, and salt.
The "Gilroy" in the name --of course-- comes from the town of Gilroy, California, where the yearly garlic festival is held and is the self-proclaimed "Garlic Capital of the World."
Losers in Lockup:
A 19-year-old Delaware woman is charged with calling a man's cell phone hundreds of times in one day.
Police say KOURTNEY R. FURBER followed her ex-boyfriend around while repeatedly dialing his phone. The unidentified man told police she called him over 300 times, but he ignored the calls. Furber then allegedly called him at work and harassed him until he hung up. Things came to a head when Furber allegedly tried to run the man off the road, then threatened to break his car windows. She was arrested and charged with harassment. (Still)
Top-10 worst jobs in America:
The annual ranking of the worst jobs in America are out, and it's likely you have one of them --both radio broadcaster and disc jockey are the number three and four worst jobs on the list at Jobs Rated.
The rankings were determined by several stats, including opportunity to grow and find employment in the field, overall stress level and safety, income, employment opportunities.
Interestingly, the number one worst job in America has had the title now for the past three years in a row. The top-10:
10. Firefighter; Annual median salary: $45,970. Growth outlook: 5 percent
9. Taxi Driver; Annual median salary: $23,210. Growth outlook: 13 percent
8. Advertising sales person; Annual median salary: $47,890. Growth outlook: -3 percent
7. Retail sales person; Annual median salary: $21,670. Growth outlook: 7 percent
6. Pest control worker; Annual median salary: $30,660. Growth outlook: -1 percent
5. Enlisted military personnel; Annual median salary: $27,936. Growth outlook: N/A
4. Disc jockey; Annual median salary: $29,010. Growth outlook: -11 percent
3. Broadcaster; Annual median salary: $37,200. Growth outlook: -9 percent
2. Logger; Annual median salary: $35,160. Growth outlook: -4 percent
1. Newspaper reporter; Annual median salary: $37,200. Growth outlook: -9 percent
The Ross Brittain Report has been perfected by Ross and his award winning writers to provide customizable show prep every weekday morning. To see why it's one of the most important show prep services in the US, or for a free two week trial, please contact us using the contact info below in the "About The Author" section.