Overnight Briefing & General Reality Check - Oct 4, 2016
October 4, 2016
Miss the days when dining out was a fun, delicious and relaxing experience? BRIAN STROH feels your pain! The single dad manages a joint called Deli at Mansion Park in Altoona, Pennsylvania and is amusing customers with a delightful kids' menu that features four signature items. Little ones can choose from the "I Don't Know" --a hot dog, the "I Don't Care" --chicken tenders, "I'm Not Hungry" --a grilled cheese or the "I Don't Want That" --fish sticks. All items come with fries, the menu was revealed on September 22nd and has gone viral on Reddit. In fact, some users complain their kids' favorites --like "I Hate This" or "I'd Rather Starve" --aren't available. (Lee)
On, off and way-off-Broadway:
A musical based on TINA FEY's 2004 movie, "Mean Girls" will open in Washington, DC, next fall. The announcement happened yesterday, October 3rd, which is an important date in the film. No word on casting yet but the producers are hoping to eventually bring the show to Broadway. (Marino)
Stars and their movies:
All eight Harry Potter movies are out in video stores today, but if you'd like to see them in theaters again before "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" comes out in mid-November, you'll be able to beginning next Thursday, Oct 13.
Varietyreports all the films will be shown in Imax theatres and you can see 'em in various ways:
--a single ticket; day access (admittance to three or more shows in a single day);
--four-show access (admittance to four shows any time, any day); and
--festival access (unlimited admittance throughout the event).
Idiots or Insane:
Watch out Republicans and Democrats, there's a new political party on the scene.
42-year-old JOSH FREEMAN has founded the so-called Pizza Party in Massachusetts. The party has officially been listed on the state secretary's website as a "political designation." And, there are 184 registered voters who chose Pizza Party as their official political leaning. Freeman admits his party doesn't have a candidate in the presidential race this year. So, he says, he's voting for TRUMP. (Still)
Top-10 vodka brands by sales:
Today's Vodka Day, so we looked at the world's best vodka brands, ranked by sales (source: The Spirits Business).
9. (tie) Grey Goose, case sales: 3.95 million
9. (tie) Skyy, case sales: 3.95 million (Includes flavored vodkas like Skyy Infusions Texas Grapefruit, Skyy Infusions Pacific Blueberry, Cranberry, Georgia Peach, Vanilla Bean, Moscato Grape, Citrus, Dragon Fruit, Ginger Cherry, and Passion Fruit)
8. Krupnik, case sales: 4.0 million
6. (tie) Pyat Ozer (Five Lakes), case sales: 4.2 million (Russian vodka)
6. (tie) Svedka, case sales: 4.2 million (Swedish vodka brand includes Mango Pineapple, Strawberry Lemonade, Peach and Grapefruit Jalapeño).
5. Zubrowka, case sales: 6.15 million. Polish vodka also known as The Bison Grass vodka.
4. Khlebny Dar, case sales: 6.34 million. Founded in 2002, the brand name literally translates as 'bread gift', a reference to the cereals used in production.
3. Khortytsa, case sales: 7.29 million. Ukrainian vodka available in Classic, Platinum and Silver Cool --plus a handful of flavored extensions.
2. Absolut, case sales: 11.0 million.
1. Smirnoff, case sales: 25.8 million.
The Ross Brittain Report has been perfected by Ross and his award winning writers to provide customizable show prep every weekday morning. To see why it's one of the most important show prep services in the US, or for a free two week trial, please contact us using the contact info below in the "About The Author" section.