Overnight Briefing & General Reality Check - Oct 7, 2016
October 7, 2016
The President at play:
PRESIDENT OBAMA on Thursday commuted the sentences of another 102 inmates. He's now commuted the sentences of 744 individuals, more than the past 11 presidents combined.
Thursday's announcement brings the total number granted this year alone to 590, more than any single year in U.S. history. In a blog post, White House counsel NEIL EGGLESTON wrote, "These statistics make clear that the president and his administration have succeeded in efforts to reinvigorate the clemency process... Beyond the statistics, though, are stories of individuals who have overcome the longest of odds to earn this second chance." (Pacelli)
What your favorite Snapchat filter says about your personality:
1. Puppy. You're fun, happy-go-lucky and don't always need to look your best. Even better? You're smart because the puppy filter covers your nose, which Cosmocalls the "butt hole of your face."
2. Flower crown. You're beautiful, but approachable, not to mention kind, nurturing and grateful.
3. Butterflies. People can't get enough of your mysterious, alluring personality, gorgeous looks and reserved style.
4. Deer. You're youthful and innocent --no matter what your birth certificate says --but can throw the smack down and take care of yourself.
5. Face swap. Congratulations --you're an advanced Snapchat user, not to mention savvy, resourceful and have a strong sense of identity.
6. Filters that make you look glamorous. Makeup, crown or Face Tune all qualify, you love the chance to shine brighter and want others to see you in the best possible light.
7. Filters that obscure your face. You love chilling at home, can be shy and don't come off as threatening or mean.
8. Cute filters. Bread face or strawberry filters are right up your alley. You love people seeing your gorgeous eyes and know that what's unsaid is often what matters most.
9. Funky filters. The broccoli or one-eyed monster filter show you're humble about your physical blessings, you love the surreal and are usually the life of the party.
10. Straight up ugly filters. You can be dark and serious, will happily discuss life, death and the meaning of life and aren't afraid to go deep. (Source: Cosmopolitan--Lee)
OPI is releasing a nail polish collection inspired by "Breakfast at Tiffany's." The holiday collection celebrates the55th anniversary of the AUDREY HEPBURN classic. The nail-lacquer range comes in hues like classic robin's egg blue (called "I Believe in Manicures"), a deep red ("Got the Mean Reds"), sparkly silver ("Champagne for Breakfast") and more that would make Holly Golightly proud. The Hollywood Reportersays If you have trouble deciding, there's also the full 25-piece set featuring all the colors on sale now at ulta.com for $49.95. (Bartha)
Taking everything much too seriously:
Why just eat at a Taco Bell when you can spend an entire night there?
A Taco Bell in Chatham-Kent, Ontario, Canada is offering fast-food fans the chance to spend the night inside the restaurant. It's all part of something they call the "SteakCation" contest. A winner and three friends will sleep inside a Taco Bell that's been converted to an Airbnb for the night. The fast food location will be retro-fitted with two pairs of bunk beds, comfortable chairs, and a big screen television. And, of course, there will be plenty of tacos all served up by a "Taco Bell Butler." (Still)
The Ross Brittain Report has been perfected by Ross and his award winning writers to provide customizable show prep every weekday morning. To see why it's one of the most important show prep services in the US, or for a free two week trial, please contact us using the contact info below in the "About The Author" section.