August 4, 2011
My sister, her husband and their 12 year old son are taking a road trip this summer traveling from Minnesota to see my brother in California. Three people in one car is not so bad; they have an enormous SUV with every bell and whistle possible giving their son plenty of room, movies and video games included. I was reminding her about the time our parents would load three kids in the back of a Volkswagen Beetle, without seat belts or air conditioning and travel hours to the beach. My sister is a very chill gal, I know she could handle a trip like that again however, shed be the first to admit her husband and son would fuss A LOT.
She's having fun planning the trip and all the cool roadside stops they will make; it's the care and maintenance of her pets that has her running like crazy. Her three dogs, two cats, lizard and fish will be cared for by our mother, but setting up the animals takes longer than it does to pack up the 10 year old. She's working on what seems like a research paper of instructions for our mom who tends to do things "her way." Now is when I go buy another container of Pounce kitty treats for our low maintenance cat.
She Buzz Words
Right Now She Could be
- Designing a new logo
- Taking inventory of a product
- Organizing shelves
- Drawing a map
She Could be a
- Phone Representative
- Airline Reservationist
- Amtrak Saleswoman
- Ticket Taker
"Don't salt your food until you taste it first"
She Phone Starter
Red, White or Blush?
Road trips do not always inspire the healthiest eating, with the options at most rest stops being full of fat. Here are some of the better choices at participating restaurants:
- Au Bon Pain: Numerous salads and soups along with whole grain breads. Try the Thai Chicken Salad.
- Wendy's: Many salads to choose from, along with grilled chicken salads. The Chunky Chicken Frescata does not taste like 460 calories! Watch out for the Frosty!
- McDonald's: Most salads are great; just opt for the grilled chicken instead of fried, choose a lighter dressing, and quit stealing your kid's fries.
- Subway: The Turkey Fresh Fit meal offers a six-inch sub (choose wheat bread), apple slices,and lowfat milk.
- Burger King: They are trying to enter the salad arena with a Tendergrill Chicken Garden Salad.
• Get more She Prep at www.ShePrep.com