August 10, 2011
This week of columns are based on dumb things I gotta buy. Taking a walk through Bed Bath and Beyond easily shows you not only dumb things you need buy, but dumb things you think you need to buy. I went to this store armed with numerous coupons. Sending out weekly savings is their ploy to get you in the door, where once you're in you stare at walls and shelves filled with stuff you probably have never even heard of, nor did you ever need to. I did need a mattress cover. Not a protector for my mattress cover or a special additional cleaning kit. I didn't want to buy one, but it is a boudoir.
She Buzz Words
She Could be a
- Home Repair Specialist
- Administrative Assistant
- Avon Representative
She Could be working at a
- Tax Office
- Hallmark Store
- DSW Shoe Store
"Anyone not want to tempt me with a payment plan"
Here are the five quick ways to save money, from Suze Orman in Woman's Day magazine:
- Have nails buffed instead of polished when getting a manicure. They will look good longer.
- If your hair is colored, wash it every other day to help prolong it.
- Rent a movie instead of going out.
- When dining out, immediately package half of it up to bring home, giving you two meals for the price of one.
- Before buying anything, ask yourself, "Do I need this or do I want this?"
Suze also recommends women stops wasting money on:
- Clothes, shoes, jewelry, and purses you don't need.
- Vacations you can't afford.
- Whole life insurance.
- Leasing a car.
- Late fees on bills.
• Get more She Prep at www.ShePrep.com