A Big Fan
January 15, 2013
I recently attended The Passion 2013 conference in Atlanta. It was wonderful to see the Georgia Dome fill with 60,000 college students supporting every word Louie Giglio had to say. I had many friends in town for this staying at the Omni hotel.I simultaneously had other networking meetings inside the hotel and during a break on the day of departure, a seasoned radio colleague went to check out and secure his bags until it was time to leave; he was fortunate to live within driving distance. He returned to our meeting room with his carry-on, and a large circular fan, which was about the size of a inner tube. It was odd to see this fan, so of course we inquired as to why he traveled with one. Did "he" get hot flashes? I'm sure you can gather more jokes about this; but, his response was that he needed it for the white noise. Isn't there an app for that?
Here are the Top-5 habits she could be trying to break:
• Nail biting
• Forgetting to floss
• Raiding the refrigerator right before bed
• Too much sun time and not enough sunscreen
Right now skinny jeans and gladiator shoes are fashion "dos." What will we say about them 10 years from now?
Yahoo Shine published its Top 10 worst fashion items from our last decade:
• Harem pants
• Carrie Bradshaw's flower accessories
• Hobo-Chic (Mary Kate Olsen's style)
• Leggings as pants
• Overpriced destroyed denim
• The Juicy Track Suit
- Visible Thongs
• In a poll of 1,000 U.S. adults, about 6 out of 10 people have never built or made a toy or put together furniture. Sixty percent would not attempt a household
repair. In summary, this survey found that we take a hands-off approach to being handy, which may lead to problems when today's blue-collar workers retire.
Here are some ways she can save on
her heating bill:
• Lower thermostat by at least 5 degrees and wear a sweater
• Close blinds at night
• Have utility company do a home audit and suggest any necessary changes.
• Get a furnace checkup to see if a newer model would be more cost effective
• Seal leaky windows
• Insulate air ducts and hot water pipes
- Install a programmable thermostat
• Get more She Prep at www.ShePrep.com