January 18, 2013
I finally pieced in all of my important dates for this new year. My calendar now has birthdays, appointments, conventions and summer camp dates blocked out. Collisions are noted: my youngest daughter's last day of eleventh grade happens two days after my oldest daughter graduates college. The cap and gown are ordered, and she is ready to walk. Knowing now that I have to get permission to have my youngest take her final exams early so she can attend this memorable family moment will take some planning. I already have some happenings scheduled for December 2013. I am happy to be prepared, but the pressure of knowing that this year is already filling up does not bring on the warm fuzzies; so I decided to block out one day a month where absolutely nothing can get planned, no matter what. Unless someone is sick. These days are going to be used in a way where life is enjoyed. That will probably look and be different each month, but I'm game. My first 'day' to do that is this coming Monday. Just thinking about it is exciting. Wanna have lunch?
Experts agree these measures or products save money in the end:
• Hybrid car
• Laser printer
• Extended warranty for a computer
• Energy-saving front-loader washer and dryer
• Mortgage refinance
• Credit card balance transfer
• Her AAA card gets her 10- percent off at Target.com.
• Nintendonitis: injuries caused by repeatedly playing video games.
She's sitting up straight...
• Studies show that people who practice good posture have better confidence than those who slouch.
• There are approximately 4,000 tree-recycling centers nation-
wide. Log onto the website www.earth911.com to find a location near you.
• How to Sew a Button: And Other Nifty Things Your Grandmother Knew by Erin Bried
• A perfume, GPS, is waiting at Sephora stores. The Scentsa, a touch-activated screen, will help find her signature scent and has access to more than 7,000 scents. www.sephora.com
• Cervical Cancer Awareness Month
• Glaucoma Awareness Month www.eyecareamerica.org
• National Hot Tea Month
• National Get Organized Month
- National Volunteer Blood Donor Month www.aabb.org
• Get more She Prep at www.ShePrep.com