May 29, 2013
When I "brag" about my kid's recent college graduation my girlfriends (NOT my guy friends) ask if it makes me feel old. This is too consistent of a question posed to me to find it odd, but I do. And my answer is no, it makes me feel grateful and in the mood to celebrate. I attempted to pull together a slick New York celebration, and in making the guest list and checking everyones availability, I found I had one friend in Haiti returning a few days after the graduation ceremony, another just returning from London, some relatives already booked, a dear friend attending her son's wedding, and my other daughter's last few days of high school. So, after jumping through a few hoops and getting a special dispensation, I cleared my youngest daughter availability. But, the rest of the list, with the exception of my graduates boyfriend's family, were hard to connect, very hard. And the boyfriend's family had its over share of issues, this family had more food allergies than any I have ever met; so many I could barely figure out what they could eat. Finally, I settled on a graduation brunch idea. Make that a gluten-free, no night shade, vegan brunch.
Is this a good time to bring up the lasagna my mom made for my graduation and if whoever didn't like it could eat peanut butter and jelly. No? Didn't think so.
She buzz words
She could be
Shopping for a baby
Setting up a booth for an art fair
Painting a portrait
Twirling Cotten candy
CPSC Summer Safety Tips
- One of the best ways to stay safe this summer is to wear a helmet and other safety gear when biking, skating and skateboarding, and when riding scooters, all-terrain vehicles, and horses. Studies on bicycle helmets have shown they can reduce the risk of head injury by as much as 85 percent.
- Use layers of protection to prevent a swimming pool tragedy. This includes placing barriers completely around your pool to prevent access, using door and pool alarms, closely supervising your child and being prepared in case of an emergency.
- Never bring charcoal grills indoors. Burning charcoal produces deadly carbon monoxide.
• Get more She Prep at www.ShePrep.com