January 21, 2011
Women pay a lot of money for hair removal. Electrolysis, wax, tweezers are some of the tools used in removing unsightly hair from all areas of the body. There are infomercials that discuss pricey procedures available for anyone who can afford it. Growing up Italian I saw many women who struggled with keeping up with their facial hair. In my family "the evil dark mustache" was never a popular topic. It was really the only time I saw my Grandmother get frustrated, well that and the time the butcher did not give her enough chicken neck bones for her famous gravy. Yes, we call it gravy in my house. It was finally my Aunt Lucy who came to everyones rescue. This particular Aunt was a pip, metal detecting was her hobby of choice as was frequent trips to Atlantic City where shed happily spend the day with a bucket of quarters and an arm bandit. My Aunt turned everyone on to the wonders of a little can of wax and a popsicle stick and how melting, applying and ripping off correctly could effectively and frugally take care of everyones dark upper lip.
Funding a reasonable answer to a regular issue can be lifesaving to someone who is busy workig and raising a family. My latest and greatest find is that you can make microwave popcorn without paying for the trans fat ladened stuff they sell in stores. Sorry Orville Redenbacker, I love your products, but this recipe is better. In a brown paper lunch bag place 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels and a few swirls of olive oil. Fold over the top and secure with a thick piece of packing tape. Microwave standing straight up for 3 minutes, listening for the kernels stop popping, and presto you've got fresh tasting corn for pennies. www.brownpaperbagcorn.com
She buzz words
She Could be an
- State Park Employee
- Bus Driver
Right now she could be
- Planning a weekend trip
Women tend to spend a good portion of their day driving around in a car. My car happens to be dirtier than most. Winter weather has built up dirt, grime, and some leftover salt which can be found all over the interior of the car. You'll find everything and anything; a holiday gift I've been meaning to return, empty water bottles, library books that were due last week, hardened French fries scattering the floor (God knows how old!), along with the kids' sports equipment jamming up the trunk. So what is the solution to this mess? A car wash: it's a quick fix but is short lived.
- Computer technologies can be addictive because they are psychoactive.
- They alter moods and trigger enjoyable feelings. It was found that 37% of
- Americans check email on their phones while driving!
The average American woman consumes approximately 4,600 milligrams of sodium a day, twice the recommended amount.
Here are some hidden sodium traps:
- 1 cup of cottage cheese has 819 milligrams of sodium.
- 1 12 oz can of soda has 50 milligrams of sodium.
- 1 cup of vegetable juice has 653 milligrams of sodium.
- 1 croissant has 424 milligrams of sodium.
- 1 cup of seasoned bread crumbs has 2,111 milligrams of sodium
She better be careful...
There has been 160% increase in nonfatal hot tub, whirlpool, and spa-related injuries.
- The Day I Shot Cupid by Jennifer Love Hewitt.
- How To Never Look Fat Again by Charla Krupp
Will she let her teen attend an overnight after-prom party?
Norton now offers a free service to make sure her kids are safe. Go to the website www.onlinefamily.norton to set up an account.
She coupon sites...
- www.Shortcuts.com connects your grocery list with online coupons.
- www.Recipe.com connects a grocery list with your recipe box, so you never miss an item.
- Momnivore: a mother who mainly eats her kids leftovers. The final remnants of Fruity Pebbles, waffles, and sandwich crusts. Not the healthiest diet but super convenient.
- Weisure: To spend your leisure time on a Blackberry or other device, that has you thinking about something besides relaxing.
She's not so sure.
- Jimmy Choo's flashing dance shoe, complete with little light bulbs inside the towering five inch heels, cost only $2,495.
- Stella McCartney has a designer high heel for hippies; she added a heel to a Birkenstock style shoe. This will cost you $625.00.
- Cheetos Lip Balm?? Yep it's available with a fluorescent orange color and artificial cheesy smell: For info, log on to www.LottaLuv.com.
Research based on congestion, crime, education spending, air quality, and affordable housing claims that these states have the happiest residents (Source: WebMD):
These states have the least happiest residents:
- New York
- New Jersey
- About two-thirds of women have trouble sleeping a couple of nights within their week.
- According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 17 million gallons of gas are spilled during refueling of lawn equipment, every year.
- 136.8 million people watched the 2009 NCAA March Madness coverage with more expected to be reported for 2010.
- Check out Yelp.com for business social networking.
- The Journal of Personality and Social Psychology found that volunteering or lending a hand to others makes you more attractive to the opposite sex.
Hopefully she won't need these websites but should she lose her pet, they could be helpful.
The American Pet Products Association says consumers spent $49.4 billion on their pets in 2010.
• Get more She Prep at www.ShePrep.com