January 25, 2011
Panera is a favorite lunch spot. They offer great soups, salads, sandwiches and fresh baguettes. Through out the years the years I've noticed the ordering lines increasing along with the price of a "you pick two." Its known as healthy fast food even if you follow your meal with one of their fabulous cookies. There is no table service, you order then pick up at the next window. Each salad is mixed individually, sandwiches are grilled on a panni press all served in wax paper lined basket with real utensils not plastic stuff. Women especially like this place at my last visit the ratio of guests was 80% women and kids, 20% men.
You clear your own place at a station that designates where to put the trash then basket and there's a bus tub for the plates and silverware. When I went to trash out, my silverware accidently went flying into the trash can, deep into the trash when remnants of previous lunches lay along with a bunch of other silverware and a bowl one and only one quick glimpse was all I needed to see this. Well,I certainly wasn't going to reach in and pull out my knife and fork, no one else did. I wonder how much silverware, plates and cups they lose this way daily because certainly my situation is not unique. As I was leaving I saw a kid come dump the entire contents from his tray into the trash,soup ball and all. Now my question is, did the prices go up due to supply and demand or because they need to continually replace their silverware.
She Buzz Words
- Hot Cocoa
Right now she could be
- Packing for a cruise
- Register for summer camp
- Seeking a fitness app
She could be working at.
- A bagel shop
- A pharmacy
- A bookstore
- A newspaper stand
She Phone Starter
According to Glamour magazine, 42% of women polled say work stresses them out the most. About 36% say stress made them cry at work last year. About 46% say they are stressed on a daily basis.
"Why do spices come in sizes I never use up before they go stale? How much turmeric can one use in a year?"
She keeps telling herself...
"This is not my last meal. There will be another steak dinner, another hot-fudge sundae."
She Snow Day Kid Fun
- Kids can write, illustrate, and publish their own storybooks at www.tikatok.com and for a nominal fee they can order printed copies of their creations.
- They can make their own comic strip at the website www.makebeliefscomix.com
- They can create their own crossword puzzle (cool for school projects) at the website www.readwritethink.org/ crossword.
"How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!" - Maya Angelou
The labrador retriever is America's most popular dog. This breed has been the favorite for 18 consecutive years. The yorkshire terrier came in 2nd, the german shepherd 3rd, the Golden retriever 4th, and then the beagle.
This final football game of the season determines who will wear the crown: the American Football League (AFL) or the National Football League (NFL). Lamar Hunt, a financier and owner of the Kansas City Chiefs suggested the name "The Super Bowl" after watching his daughter playing with a tiny bouncy Superball. So a female and a toy named one of today's most-hyped sporting events. The trophy given to the winning team is named after the late Vince Lombardi and reflects his values and the excellence he inspired in his players.
The direct-selling business is a growing field. Many sell enough products to pay all their bills; others sell for supplemental income. The key is to find a product you love. For example, Silpada Jewelry home sales average more than $950, giving the seller a take home of about $300; this is for a one -night jewelry show. Here are some companies and products she may choose to sell:
- Silpada Jewelry: www.silpada.com
- Lia Sophia: www.liasophia.com
- Accentz jewelry: www.accentzonline.com
- Bead Retreat: www.beadretreat.com
- The Pampered Chef: www.pamperedchef.com
- Homemade Gourmet: Log onto the website for more info www.homemadegourmet.com
- Tastefully Simple: www.tastefullysimple.com
- Setting Traditions: www.settingtraditions.com
- The Happy Gardener: Log onto the website www.thehappygardener.info
- Southern Living at Home (home accessories): www.southernlivingathome.com
- Urban Botanic (create-your-own perfumes): www.urbanbotanic.com
• Get more She Prep at www.ShePrep.com