January 27, 2011
Nicole Ritichie, Hilary Duff, Katy Perry, Megan Fox, Carrie Underwood just got married. Their wedding photos were happily shopped by their publicists to every publication. For me it was Valerie Bertinelli wearing a blue cocktail styled dress on the cover on People Magazine that garnered the most attention. Valerie has endeared herself to many now just for her sweet television roles where she was always the cute girl, victim or do-gooder, not only because she was once married to rocker Eddie Van Halen. I mean how easy could this have been yet we were all rooting for this cute couple. When she was a teen she dated Paul Shafer which seems a little creepy to me.
Oddly it was Jenny Craig who really re-booted this woman's star power. Not only was I oggling over her beautiful wedding dress but I knew what she did to look that great in it. When I showed the picture to my friend Robin she said 'why is she wearing blue?"
It's her second marriage and Valerie, in the eyes of her adoring fans can wear anything. I'll almost bet she'll start a new trend with this choice, maybe even come out with a "second marriage" line of wedding dresses. Hey if America likes it someone in another country will be happy to manufacture it so we can put it on the rack, right? LeeAnn Rimes, Sheri Shepard, Reece Witherspoon and Jessica Simpson might be interested, they are all getting married again this year. But all eyes will be on Kate Middleton who I can assure you will NOT be wearing blue.
She buzz words
- Ring Bearer
- Party Favors
She could be working at a
- Craft Store
- Shoe Repair
- School Principals office
She could be a
- Assistant Principal
- High School Teacher
- Medical Clerk
- Hospital Food Server
- Stormboarding: kitesurfing on water or snow.
- Communi-faking: pretending to text message to avoid a conversation with someone.
- She can find free samples and other giveaways at the website www.gotofreestuff.com.
- She should check her credit card statement for a 25-cent charge from Adele Services. It's a mystery where this charge is coming from. Consumer groups think thieves are testing specific credit card numbers to see if they work before making a larger purchase.
- According to the Campbell Soup Company, Americans consume more than 10 billion bowls of soup each year.
- Valentine's Day is the second-largest holiday for giving cards. Christmas comes in first with an estimated 190 million cards sent. Mail early!
- The latest recall of peanut butter is a good reminder to keep the website handy. All food recalls must be posted on the government's Center for Disease Control site: www.cdc.gov/salmonella.
- The recent Keebler-cookie peanut-butter salmonella recall may affect some products she's not aware are made by Keebler. Examples are: Austin Quality Foods Cheese & Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies, and Famous Amos Peanut Butter Cookies. To check the full list, she can log onto: www.Kelloggcompany.com
If she has a GPS in her car, she should not leave it in the window while the car is parked anywhere. The latest scam has thieves breaking into cars and stealing the GPS device and garage door opener. The GPS leads them "home" and of course the garage door opener allows an easy entry.
Her latest career boost is a blog away. Check out Anita Bruzzese and her helpful information and advice from America's favorite workplace columnists. www.45things.com
• Get more She Prep at www.ShePrep.com