One More Thing
February 25, 2011
I've got girlfriends that are super organized, they even have dictation apps that sends them email grocery lists itemized and in alphabetical order. And, I have friends that shop meal by meal and are always out of something. I fall somewhere in-between. Even if I make a list and plan ahead for that weeks meals there's still something I forget or run out of. Toilet paper, dishwasher soap, napkins and American cheese are my usual suspects. Even if I buy these items in bulk I realize I'm without at the most inconvenient time, which is usually right when I get home from the store. Sure, I can get by folding a paper towel in four and allow it to pass for a napkin and there's a substitution for most key cooking ingredients at. ( fill in w website) but really what it comes down to is expectations. When she trying to copy a recipe or room decoration from her favorite magazine the closer she is to that picture or the one in her mind the better. So paint some pretty pictures in that pretty little head of hers today. She flips through your pages daily, and she can spot airbrushing two miles away, so keep it real. And while you're at it, could you pick up some milk for her on your way home?
- Window Treatment
She Could be Working at a
- Video Game Store
- Thrift Store
- Grocery Store
- Fire Department
She Could be a
- Wine Steward
She's not so sure
There are numerous research-based programs to help those who are depressed due to the recession and or the loss of a job. If she's feeling anxious or depressed these sites want to help her.
- www.moodgym.anu.edu.au.: blends cognitive behavioral therapy with problem solving tactics. Free.
- www.myselfhelp.com: uses cognitive behavior therapy to help with eating disorders,depression and more. $20 a month
- www.mindstreet.com: offers The Good Day's Ahead DVD-ROM put together by doctors to help those with anxiety and depression. $99.00
- www.bluesbegone.com uses cartoons present cognitive behavior for depression. $185.00.
What's in her junk drawer? A recent survey found these items in a woman's home or office junk drawer:
- Old cell phones
- Business Cards
- Mints and Candy
- Flower Food Packets
She phone starters
- What is cheap, but worth a million to her?
- She wishes someone would have told her..what?
- What won't she leave the house without?
Taking a small chance could get her an amazing travel deal.
- www.Travelocity.com's "Top Secret Hotels" feature won't disclose all the info she's purchasing until it's a done deal, still she'll know the city, price ( about a 50% discount) and star rating of the hotel she's booking before she hands over her credit card information.
- www.FamilyGetaway.com is like eBay where people bid on trips. Most locations are not disclosed yet the deals and steals are great
- The savings website called www.GiftCardGranny.com has a large list of discounts for educators - everyone from kindergarten teachers to college professors- to get discounts.
• Get more She Prep at www.ShePrep.com