April 13, 2011
Radio personalities aren't suppose to get laryngitis... Tell that to the cold that decided to land in my throat, making me sound like Brenda Vacarro or Rachael Ray (it depends on which end of the era you swing). I think I got this cold while flying back to New York from San Francisco. I knew I should have stayed. San Francisco is the best place I have ever lived. The first thing I did after arrival was to drive to Marin, park and walk back and forth across the Golden Gate Bridge. Sounds touristy? Tell that to my skin that soaked up all the glorious sun, or to my teenager whose only recollection of this bridge is a memory from the Sorin' ride at Disneyland. It's amazing what a little sunshine can do for you. I lost track of the amount of friends who have verbally stated their lack of energy due to the nasty winter weather. Maybe not so much on the West coast, but still this nation is beyond ready for some consistent nice weather. Every time we crack the mic there's an opportunity to spread some sun her way sans the sunscreen, but if you want to use it that's okay, there are ultraviolet rays even on cloudy days.
She buzz words
She could be a
- Maids or housekeeping cleaners
- Customer service representatives
- Child care worker
- Bookkeeping, accounting or auditing clerks
She could be working at
- Home Depot
- General Motors
"Waxing equals hot wax, hairy skin and a big yank. Yes it hurts as badly as it sound"
She coffee break
Workers age 18-34 spend approximately $500 a year on coffee and tea, workers also spend an average of 38 hours a year on company time taking coffee breaks.
(Source: Great Mountain Coffee survey)
A recent obesity study found that fatty foods can be just as addicting as cocaine and heroin. Stating that the same chemical changes happen in thebrain when mass amounts are consumed. The most addicting foods are: bacon, cheesecake, sausage, cake frosting, Ding-Dongs, doughnuts.
Here are some valuable sites that can help her (and you research almost any situation)
- www.TrueCar.com: site tells what other car buyers in your area paid for a specific model.
- www.PriceGrabber.com: comparison shops and offers an alert when looking for a specific price.
- www.Coupons.com: Best variety for on line coupons
- www.CharityNavigator.org: Let's you know if a charity is legit. Recommends options too.
- www.Kayak.com: Best site to search for reasonable travel.
- www.BillShrink.com: great money site that sizes up all costs including savings accounts.
- www.iTunesU.com: Finds the best online classes.
- www.credit.com: estimates your latest credit score.
- www.nerdwallet.com: evaluates a specific credit card.
- www.Vitals.com: best Doctor search site.
- www.healthgrades.com: best hospital search site.
- www.trulia.com: best site when buying a house
- www.neighborhoodscout.com: helps choose a neighborhood
• Get more She Prep at www.ShePrep.com