May 4, 2011
I am in an enormous bathroom at the Hammerstein Ballroom in Manhattan. Why am I writing this from here? Because my daughter wanted to come see a rock show; it's a tour with many hardcore bands, and this is the only place I could find a chair. I only like one of the bands on this tour, so while I wait for them to come on, I'm killing a couple of birds with a Pepsi Can (stones are harder to come by in Manhattan).
Okay, I lost my train of thought because for the last 20 minutes. Lisa, the bathroom attendant became intrigued with my iPad; she swore to me she was getting one and proceeded to tell me her life story. She's 51, relocated from Massachusetts to New York and is a painter currently working on a job at The Phoenix House, a rehab center she's frequented.
This colorful conversation included her telling me about the passing of her husband at age 45 due to kidney failure. He gave his brother a kidney at age 23; then his lifestyle led him down a destructive road which unfortunately ended at an early age. She has a 22 year old daughter still in Mass, living with Grandma.
Lisa paints walls during the day, she has her own business and wanted me to help her write up a proposal and business plan. (I recommended the free workshops at the Apple Store).
Lisa was a seasoned talker and covered topics like her over bearing sisters, her painting business, her second job, the lack of respect she gets, all the drugs she is clean from, how she believes in a spirit like the Indians did and that we as a race should be live more like they do in the animal kingdom and finally how she doesn't celebrate Christmas because there is no black Santa Clause. I guarantee you if she went to Wendy Williams' house she would see many black Santa's; Wendy did a whole show on this once. I'm not sure Wendy would have the patience for such a house guest but I'm just saying......
Oh yea, and she showed me her tattoo...
She Buzz Words
Right Now She Could Be
- Tivo-ing a soap opera
- Writing an article on motherhood
- Booking a flight
She Could be A
- Biomass Production Manager
- Business Continuity Planner
- City Planner
- Patent Lawyer
She Could Be Working at a ..
- Apple Store
- Yankee Candle Store
- Local Newspaper
" I love my kids but going out with an adult would be fun"
She Phone Starter
When was the last time she had a date night?
Here are Dr. Oz's 10 Things He Knows For Sure:
- The latest thing isn't always the greatest thing.
- 2. Change is possible-only if you believe
- We regret the actions we don't take more than the ones we do.
- Hosting a TV show is not that different from doing open-heart surgery
- Making the right thing to do the easiest things helps to achieve goals.
- Understand leads to change, not necessarily knowledge
- Going to bed 30 minutes earlier will change your life.
- Fight to have a healthier community.
- Better patients make better doctors.
- It's about living better not longer.
• Get more She Prep at www.ShePrep.com