Quick Ideas With Big Impact - Part II
September 11, 2012
This week more ideas to go ....all easy and quick to implement.
Importantly, executed well, these will cut through.
Here is an example of ''a mission'' a listener or indeed someone from your morning show could embark on.......... a radio stunt boy/girl would be perfect.
1. Take a bite out of a strangers sandwich.
2. Wash a man’s hair.
3. Convince a man to dye his hair blonde.
4. Convince a bakery shop owner to give him a free pastry
5. Ask a man to dance with him in the street.
6. Ask a man to buy his girlfriend a flower.
7. Ask to try on a man’s uniform.
8. Get in a photo with a bride and a groom.
9. Organize a “hands across the street.”
10. Get a businessman/woman to take off his/her tie
11. Borrow $20 from a stranger
12. Get a woman to serenade you.
13. Convince a jogger to eat a Twinkie
14. Ask a deli why there isn’t a sandwich named after you.
15. Ask a man in a strip club to call his wife.
You get the idea..................
.....all by Friday. Forced listening, can be developed across the work day and recycled back into the Morning Show. Great talkability.
Secret Men's Business as a regular feature.
Men explain stuff that women don't get.
Think TV remote............
This stuff just works and is great listener ''currency''.
Living with the morning show team...
X amount (ideally lots) of listeners are selected to participate in this campaign.
Each contestant is given a 'Life size' cut out/clone of the Morning Team, complete with logos...
Each contestant has to take the cut out with them for every aspect of their daily
For example: On the train, bus or car to work..... to lunch with them, out
to dinner, to nightclubs, sporting events, family functions,......to bed!
This is to be maintained for a period of time (5 days).
Listeners are encouraged to contact the station when they see any of these ''clones'' anywhere around the city.
Listeners across the day are rewarded for spotting ''the clones''.
The actual participants also have their own contest happening â€“ to get seen......... and be visible wherever they can. The best one of the week scores a major prize.
60 Seconds for the day off
Are you overworked and need a day off? Let the ........... Morning Show help. We will call your boss and offer him/her a fully produced, custom sixty second commercial for their business, in exchange for giving you a day off. Email ............. tell us about your company and give us your name and phone numbers, as well as your boss' name and numbers so we can get a hold of both of you.
2 are lies one is true.
Listeners have to identify the true one.
Good fun morning show benchmark. Does work best with double header breakfast .
Morning Show Host....or female member of the team develop an 8 point plan to meet men. This is specifically designed as an experiment for an older audience. This is not a CHR tactic.
One step of the plan is revealed each day and listeners participate to test the theories.
Fun, compelling as it can take serious issues and have a little fun. Plenty of news opportunities as well.
Female newsreader/morning show talent takes part in an experiment to see if blondes do have more fun.
Let's see if she gets more "offers" when dressed as blonde, brunet or red head.
A week of experiments............great reality radio
Thank You Project
Segment on air weekly where listeners get a chance to thank people who have helped them...and tell great stories along the way.
Good for 30 plus targeted stations. Think Mother/Fathers Day and think tissue clients as potential sponsors.
TOSSERS, or make or break, is a big noise campaign where daily... the toss of a coin has never had such consequences......Listeners nominate what they would be prepared to put on the line to win big.
- Second Honeymoon or we shred your wedding album
- New flatscreen TV or we turn yours into a flatscreen by steamrolling it
- Â£1000 worth of new CD or we microwave/blowtorch all of yours
- New dining room suite or we get a woodchopper to chop all the legs off your Table and chairs
- Beach holiday or dump 2 tonnes of sand in your living room.
- New toys for the kids or run their toy box over with a Humma.
- Â£1000 of new electrical equipment or cut the plugs off all of yours new washing machine or turn your into a cement mixer ,
- Car window tinting or smash your windows
- New mag wheels or we take your wheels and leave your car on bricks
- Big clothing voucher or we freeze-dry all your clothes and smash them with a Hammer.
- New Flat Screen or we drag yours down the street behind a camel.
- New white goods or we take yours to a firing range and shoot holes in them.
- A brand new car or we crush yours !!
Dads..."your morning team become dads"
Choosing "the single life" can be a bad health decision! Late nights, poor food options, extreme alcohol consumption, questionable social choices and a complete lack of personal responsibility, underwear and sometimes hygiene can affect your wellbeing and more importantly, influence your standing in the community and with family and friends.
Just look at how Lindsay Lohan does it!!!
Excess, indulgence and decadence are awesome motivators for living ‘The Life’ and being exclusively independent whilst skillfully mastering every step in a superior existence. Flaunting your single style, and wearing your bachelor status like badge of honour is certainly a statement of merit.
You can do what you want, when you want and with whom you want!
You don’t have to clean the house, put food in the fridge, answer the phone or wash your sheets.
But when you consider Doritos, dip and a case of beer to be a balanced meal it might just be time to realise that personal priorities are a little out of whack!
Do you really want to spend weekends nauseous, with a thumping head, sitting in your underwear, watching hours of DVDs, salivating over sports stats, bouncing mindless text messages to the random chick you met last night and sniffing out the next party?
Late, loud and lewd behaviour can get 'runs on the board' for only so long. At some point, that game should be over. Shouldn’t it?
What would happen if we threw two kids into the mix of a bachelor den? (the morning team).
Who would survive????????????.
I'd say the kids, but let's find out.