August 19, 2011
I'll try to change things up from last year, but here's my list for this year:
- A Disney character will show up at some point. Whether it's a showcase, in the hallway or a photo booth, a character will show up. This might be a personal wish, but one can dream, right? That's what Disney is all about! Dreams coming true!
- At LEAST one mention of MySpace and how it's dead. Someone brought it up last year in a social media session, but so much has changed since then (but not really). I'm hoping someone mentions this just to show how up-to-date they are. In all honesty though, they could show they are up-to-date by not even mentioning it.
- A session from someone at KLOVE. Duh.
- A plethora of mentions for all the streaming services available. Spotify is the latest and greatest streaming service to hit the U.S. and people are flocking. Someone will mention how Spotify is taking over and why you should be worried instead of giving you tips on how to embrace it and use it to your advantage.
- A fundraising panel. It happens every year. And it should. It's important to our lifelines of staying on the air. My biggest question though will be how many people actually attend. My bet is that it's the worst attended panel of the week.
- Someone puts together a CMB bingo card. I'm actually hoping this happens. Can you imagine? Five hundred people all trying to do stuff like take a picture with Grant Hubbard or find two people from separate stations in the same market sitting next to each other. The possibilities are endless!
Have some predictions of your own? Let's hear 'em in the comment section below!