10 Questions with ... Chris Logan
July 5, 2011
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
All here at the cluster! I started as a Board Op in 1999. I got nights at KFTE in 2001, Music Director in 2002, and then moved to Mornings. I became APD/MD in 2003 when we turned on KRKA (Hot 107-9). I took over the PD position around June of 2007.
1. Why Radio?
2. To date, what has been the highlight of your radio career?
Being Promoted to Program Director (Brand Manager) and getting Chris Reed over to KHXT last May! Chris is a addition to the Hot Crew!
3. You coach youth sports, don't you? How much is that like being a PD?
Great question. Yes, I do. In some ways they are the same. I think being a leader is huge in both coaching and being a PD. The kids and airstaff need direction. I like being the guy giving it to them.
4. If you weren't hosting a morning show, would you consider yourself a "morning" person?
I want to type, "yes", but if I ever took over another daypart, I think I would take advantage of not having to wake up early and not be a "morning" person for a little while.
5. When you've had a rough day, what do you do to get back to your happy place?
Coaching! It actually helps me not think about work for at least a couple of hours.
6. What would you like to do more of on the air?
Being a little more creative. Wearing so many hats these days, and thinking about so many things other than the show, it would be nice to only have an airshift to think about.
7. Think back to being a 10 year-old. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a pharmacist...then, I didn't like school very much. Can I go back in time?
8. You're a Louisiana native. What makes living in Louisiana so special?
This is a very unique place. You simply have to experience it to fully understand. It's GREAT!
9. What's your favorite local/regional meal?
Jambalaya (authentic...not out of the box)
10. bottle rockets or cherry bombs?
If you could only watch one TV show and listen to one CD, for two months, which would you choose?
ESPN Sportcenter and LMFAO 'Sorry for Party Rockin'