10 Questions with ... "Eric Sean" Casucci
November 22, 2011
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
Started radio in Stockton at KUOP (college radio), went to Stockton, CA (KWNN/KWIN), Then KHTN/Modesto-Merced, CA, KBOS/Fresno, CA, KWYL/Reno, NV. I was also Tour host for E-40 during that time. I went to KWWV/San Luis Obispo, CA as PD/mornings then to KDAY/Los Angeles, CA as APDi/MD/middays. From there, KPAT/Santa Maria, CA where I was the PD/MD. My next stop was as OM at KISV-KEBT/Bakersfield and then to the PD spot at KPWT/San Antonio. I'm also Road Manager/DJ for , in addition to APD/MD/afternoons at WHIT. You can listen to me www.Hot1009.com.
1. Do you remember what first got you interested in a career in Radio?
Yeah, I thought I could rap. I guess I was ok because they played me on the college station which got me an on-air interview. I had such a huge response from listeners that the dj asked me to keep coming back.
2. Your Radio career has taken you from California to Nevada, Texas and now Virginia. What's been the best part of living and working in such diverse places?
Understanding different philosophies and markets...EVERY market is unique! You really need to get to know each one for what it is.
3. Don't you manage a few artists?
Yes, I'm Road Manager and DJ for Three 6 Mafia, as well as head up my label (RadioHeadz Music Group) with my artists Tino Cochino, Spirit and Big Tank. I also run a DJ crew RMGDJ's Check out www.radioheadzmusicgroup.com.
4. Between your duties at WHTI and artist management, you're up to your ears in the biz. What do you do to escape from it all?
I really don't escape, this isn't really a job, it's a lifestyle. When I think I need to escape from it is when I need to get out of it.
5. What do you miss most about California?
The way everyone is always active, hustling their trades, and definitely the weather, ladies, nightlife and food! Honestly, I miss my family the most. At the end of the day they are the only ones TRULY there for you.
6. What's your favorite song on the air now?
Drake- Motto and Wale - Lotus Flower Bomb
7. If you knew you were only going to be married for 72 days, what celebrity would you marry?
Did you see the AMA's... J. Lo could get it!!!
8. If you could have one superhero power...what would you pick?
To read people's minds, I would be the world's best programmer!
9. What's the biggest difference between Hot's Richmond listeners and, let's say, listeners in Bakersfield, CA?
Well our demographic is different, This is a huge Urban Market, not really any Hispanics. Plus it is the East Coast, so records here won't work there and vice versus. You really need to listen to the city, be in the clubs and streets to get it.
10. If you were to leave Radio today and you could choose any other occupation completely different from radio and the music business, what would it be?
I would love to open a restaurant that I have an idea for. I can't let it out because one day it WILL HAPPEN! It will start in San Diego, where I plan to retire.
I know you like to cook. If you're trying to impress a lady friend...what are you going to prepare?
I'd start with a glass of Pinot Grigio (Santa Margherita) and some edamame, lightly salted with garlic and dash of Sriracha hot sauce. Then have some garlic encrusted Filet Mignon sautéed with mushrooms and onions, side of Mac N Cheese (DJ Paul of Three 6 Mafia's recipe) jalapeño corn and some steamed greens.