10 Questions with ... Joey Tack
June 5, 2012
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
- 1999 -2004 - WHTS, KMXG, WLLR/Quad Cities (Part-time, Swing)...
- 2004-'05 - WHTS/Quad Cities (Nights/MD)...
- 2005-now - WKHT/Knoxville (Nights/MD)
1. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
The next Garth Brooks...it was cool at the time, actually.
2. Aren't you a Midwest boy from Iowa? Aren't there some similarities between Knoxville and Des Moines?
Not really, Iowa is flat, humid and full of farms. Tennessee is the opposite.
3. Which University of Tennessee sororities are your biggest fans?
All of them? lol. No...but really, all of them.
4. Which University of Tennessee sorority are you the biggest fan of?
It's hard to choose. I like the one with the girls who wear cowboy boots and skirts to the football games...aka...all of them.
5. Are you a big fan of how uptempo Hot sounds now?
It's been an adjustment, but with the station's growth and ratings in the last few years, I like the results.
6. What's your favorite song on the station right now?
We just added the Lil Wayne featuringBig Sean 'My Homies Still.' I'm feelin' that right now
7. Who would be singing with you in your all-time, all-star boy band?
Um... if I HAD to pick, I would pick only Bieber. That way he could draw the millions of fans and we'd only have to split the money two-ways.
8. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I still love going to the movies or hitting up the bookstore.
9. If you could be on any TV reality show or game show, which would you want to be on?
I think my girl and I could dominate 'Minute to Win It'
10. Hypothetical question...If you were getting married in two months and you could have any group or singer perform at your reception, who would you choose?
Funny, I am getting married in 39 days...but who's counting? Boyz II Men or Earth, Wind and Fire would be awesome.
Beer and pizza or sushi and sake?
How about Beer and sushi?
What's the most annoying thing about Facebook or social media, in general?
The assumed power that people feel they have behind their keyboards. So much ignorance, but perhaps it always existed and social media just brings it to light? That and sonogram photos on Facebook