10 Questions with ... Lucas
June 12, 2012
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
- 1992-1994 WBMX/Boston (weekend overnights)
- 1994-1996 WXLO/Worcester, MA (overnights)
- 1996-1998 WXXX/Burlington, VT (nights)
- 1998-1999 WLDI/West Palm Beach, FL (nights)
- 1999-2005 KQKS/Denver, CO (afternoons)
- 2005-2006 KSEQ/Fresno, CA (mornings)
- 2006-2008 KDGS/Wichita, KS (mornings)
- 2008- PRESENT KWIN/Stockton/Modesto, CA (mornings)
1. What got you into radio?
I was going to college in Boston, MA and my friend Gavin Spittle recommended me for an overnight position at WRKO making $8 an hour from midnight to 8am Saturday and Sunday and from there I just fell in love with radio. I can't imagine doing anything else!
2. You're not a local boy. Have you adopted the San Francisco Giants or Oakland A's?
I am 100% Oakland A's!!! I watch just about every game. The funny part is even though I grew up in Boston I have always been an A's fan. I also LOVE the Raiders!!!
3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Well I knew from a young age my talent would stop me from being a shortstop for the A's so I have always wanted to be on the radio. I loved listening to Rick Chase on KMEL, Dale Dorman on Kiss 108, and St. John on Wild 94.9/Wild 107
4. You've worked in a lot of radio markets. Where haven't you worked that would be a cool market to be in?
My favorite area of the country is the Bay Area so I would love to work in San Francisco.
5. What's you favorite thing about living and working in Stockton?
I love the diversity that is in Stockton. There are so many different cultures. One of the coolest things I have ever gotten to do was bring a Khmer movie to Stockton to show for the Cambodian community and the very next night I hosted Barrio Fiesta which celebrated the Filipino Culture. I am pretty sure there aren't many places that happens!!! I also love that it is so close to the beach and the mountains.
6. If you and your morning partner, Amanda, were on Survivor who is more likely to win?
Amanda would win. We have worked together for a longtime and she knows me better than anyone else. Sometimes I think she can read my mind.
7. Who was your favorite teacher in high school and why?
Mr. Allen was because even though I was a knucklehead, he saw potential in me.
8. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Well there isn't much spare time working on a morning show and raising 2 kids but just about every afternoon I go to the gym and do a Crossfit work out. On the weekends I love going to Baker Beach in San Francisco or going to the Coliseum to watch the Oakland A's or Raiders.
9. If you were a contestant on America's Got Talent what would your act be?
Well I am 100% sure I wouldn't get the golden ticket because my only talent is debating.
10. What's your "Go To" meal in the kitchen?
Well I cook almost every night and I would have to say boneless, skinless chicken with brown rice.
What's the first show prep you do in the morning?
Every morning the first website I go to is the Complete Sheet. It is the BEST!
You're about to leave on a one week vacation. If you could pick any entertainer to fill-in for you for that week, who would you choose?
Joe Koy because he is super talented and one of the few comedians in my opinion that could make the transition from the stage to the radio and be great right off the bat.