10 Questions with ... Mark McCray "McCrazy"
July 24, 2012
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
- KKDA/ Dallas
- KRNB/ Dallas
- KQBT/ Austin
- WMBX-WNEW/West Palm Beach
1. What got you into radio?
I took an intro to Radio class in high school and was hooked!!
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A fireman like my dad or a teacher.
3. What was it like making the move from West Palm Beach to Dallas?
It was like coming home since I lived and worked here before.
4. How has the Dallas market changed since your first stint there?
It's grown tremendously and is even more competitive.
5. What about living in Dallas were you most excited about when you landed the KBFB gig?
Well, I have been coming to the market every 6- 8 weeks to see my son because he lives here, so being back with him almost everyday is the best. Plus I love North Texas.
6. What's your favorite song on the station right now?
Future -Turn On The Lights
7. Wasn't Radio One VP Jay Stevens involved in your hiring at WMBX, too?
Yes, he is not only a friend but a mentor. He has believed in me and again blessed me with another opportunity.
8. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Ride roller coasters, movies and explore new restaurants.
9. If you could be on any TV reality show or game show, which would you want to be on?
American Idol. I would love to be a judge, plus it pays good.
10. Haven't dropped a few pounds in the last few years?
Yes! 100 lbs! Even did a weight watchers tv spot!
What's your "go to" favorite restaurant or meal in Dallas?
Gloria's. It's a Tex Mex restaurant.
As a veteran radio programmer, what advice do you have for an upcoming hip hop artist?
Be humble, professional, on time, and understand MARKETING!