10 Questions with ... Eric Sean
September 18, 2012
1. What do you love about radio?
Everything it has to offer. Everyone in it can agree that it is like a bug, once bitten you can rarely get out. I can probably do many other jobs/careers but I will not be able to turn on the radio without thinking, "why did the jock talk so long, why did they schedule those songs so close, or that's a great promotion!"
2. You're a West Coast guy living and working in the South. What do you miss most about the West Coast?
The vibe of the people. I can and have adapted here, but as sad as it sounds the people here are still segregated. On the West Coast everyone is looked at equally. They also are more ambitious and hungry on the West Coast because EVERYONE is chasing something!
3. What are some of the similarities between Greenville and say...Stockton, CA?
Nothing! Other than crime...LOL
4. If you had to choose...programmer or air personality?
I'd say programming, I feel I have accomplished a lot on the air, I love to pass my knowledge and experiences to the next generation or we will not have any new blood to carry on the love of radio. I want to be looked up to like I look up to my old program directors.
5. When are you going to settle down, get married and start a family?
When I am not able to DJ at the Playboy Mansion anymore. I have no idea, I eventually would like to but with the instability and the non-stop moving and working it has been difficult.
6. What's your favorite song on the station right now?
My favorite song we play right now would be French Montana "Pop That" it makes you stop and nod head no matter what you are doing. Favorite artist though is Big Sean
7. What would your favorite elementary school teacher say about you now?
They would be proud. I was good in elementary school, the High School teachers would have a different opinion. I was a class clown!
8. What do you like to do in your spare time?
9. Don't you manage an artist?
Yes, I DJ'ed and was Road Manager for Three 6 Mafia. I also started my own record label, RadioHeadz Music Group with the artists Tino Cochino, as well as Spirit and Big Tank. I have the opportunity to know what sound radio wants, and in between jobs I figured let me capitalize on my knowledge. Use the sound that I would expect from artists with my own artists. We haven't got picked up by a major yet, but have had great radio success so far. Currently Tino's remix to Maroon 5 and Ellie Goulding are in full rotation at stations such as Z90/San Diego and U92.7/Palm Springs. Feel free to see more at www.RadioHeadzMusicGroup.com.
10. Hypothetical question...If you were getting married in two months and you could have any group or singer perform at your reception, who would you choose?
I would want Bel Biv Devoe. Classic REAL R&B!
In a perfect world, where would you live and work?
I am a Pisces so somewhere close to the water. San Diego, Miami and or Los Angeles, again.
Hypothetical again...you entered CBS' Amazing Race and you have to pick one record executive to be your teammate. Who do you pick?
Either Rick Sackheim or Dontay Thompson. Sack because he is a go-getter, very detailed and would not give up. Dontay (aka Pretty Boy Dontay) because we would get famous off his looks!