10 Questions with ... Darren Stephens
October 9, 2012
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
KLRZ/New Orleans, WHMD/Hammond, KUMX/New Orleans, KNOU/New Orleans, WYIL/Knoxville, OM of Opus Broadcasting/Tallahassee, WKHT/Knoxville
1. If you could be a judge or mentor for one season on one of the many TV singing/talent shows, which show would you want to be on?.
2. What's the first thing you do in the office when you come in?
Go into a meeting. Here, we believe all answers in life come from meetings. If there happens to be a day without a scheduled meeting, we will schedule a meeting to find out who dropped the meeting ball.
3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A Homicide detective. I don't really have a fetish for dead bodies but being able to put together all the evidence and catching the person seems cool. I think after you have closed a case you would feel like you have really accomplished something. Although, trying to find out who left the three week old take-out in my office fridge seems similar.
4. If someone was not familiar with Knoxville, what would probably surprise them the most?
Not EVERYBODY marries a family member.
5. You're an LSU fan in the home of the Tennessee Volunteers. Do you have any orange shirts in your closet yet?
I tried but I just can't. No orange. Sounding like a homer on the air is as far as I can take it.
6. What's your favorite song on the station right now?
Either the new Ke$ha - Die Young or Future - Turn On The Lights
7. As a PD, what would you like to do more of as we head into the 4th Quarter of 2012?
Promotions! Our sales team rocks and helps us out a ton. Our label friends always step up to the plate and help out also. Squeezing a dollar out of the suits is worse than going to a bookie. If you don't produce a three fold return you feel like you're going to get knee capped.
8. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I have two ferrets and a dog in an apartment. So it seems most spare time is spent cleaning up droppings. You wish you had my life!
9. If a TV show or movie is going to be made about your life, who should star as "Darren Stephens"?
10. Steak or seafood?
I love crawfish and shrimp. No fish, no fish!
If you could pick one record company executive to host your bachelor party, who would you pick?
Interscope's Brian Gray...Killa B without a doubt. He's the best.
Have you moved on from your fascination with Katy Perry or has her divorce stoked the fire?
All I'll say is Mila Kunis winning Esquire's "Sexiest Woman Alive" award is b.s. She is hot, though.