10 Questions with ... Vezzy Parmesan
March 5, 2013
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
As a sophomore in college radio with a once a week show on WAIC (Hot 91.9)/Springfield MA is where it all began. Not too long there after, I worked my way up to APD followed by PD then General Manager at WAIC, a position which lasted even after graduation. While in school, I was able to obtain an internship right down the road with CBS Radio/Hartford in promotions since at that time, no programming internships were available. From there I harassed DJ Buck, PD of CBS Radio's WZMX with weekly airchecks until he gave me the opportunity to be a weekend warrior in the middle of the night. Once I got on-air, I did any and everything I could to take my career to the next level which eventually led me to a 7 year run on air with WZMX as a morning show sidekick feature, and doing every shift known to man. In early 2011, DJ Buck tipped me off that there was an opportunity for a morning co-host at the station he got his start in his hometown of Providence, RI. That's when the harassment of Dan Hunt began, sending airchecks, obtaining his aim screen name and even finding him on Llinkedin. About four interviews later, we launched the Rise And Grind morning show and are now about to embark on our 1 year anniversary!
1. If you weren't in radio, doing mornings in Providence, what do you think you'd be doing for a living?
I would either be working the New England independent wrestling circuit or slanging pizzas for cheap in Springfield, MA!
2. You're a New England boy...what other area of the country could you see yourself living and working in?
I could definitely see myself in the dirty south, wearing overalls, chasing pigs, and getting all sorts of Buckwild.
3. Now, if you left New England, do you think you could adopt the local sports teams?
It would be more like foster care for those teams, while Boston teams would be my biological offspring off to college.
4. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I always thought I was going to be professional athlete, with a back up plan of becoming a 'Doink The Clown' stand in.
5. What makes Providence stand out from other New England cities?
Every good New England city has lots of pizza but the variety in Providence is incredible... #2 iIn the country in pizza!
6. I loved your Facebook postings with Vezzy Cat. I haven't seen Vezzy Cat in awhile. What gives?
Vezzy Cat is actually on vacation in the French Alps (he's very spoiled). I will have to check with my producer, Heartless Jim to figure out when he returns
7. Would you rather be Bill Gates or Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson?
Bill Gates has a TON of money, BUT the Rock is the WWE Champ, not too mention the general manager of the Smackdown Hotel, both of which are personal goals of mine.
8. What do you like to do in your spare time?
When I don't have lawns to cut or snow to shovel, I try to stay active in the gym or by getting roped into a pawn stars marathon.
9. Got any good dirt on your morning co-host Deanna Cruz? If I ask her, will she dish the dirt on you?
I wish!!! Although if anybody does, I will pay top dollar for anything usable on the radio between the hours of 6a-10a.
10. Who would be your 5 dream guests for next week, if you could choose anyone to visit the show?
This is tough but if I were too greedy by picking these....
- Justin Timberlake
- The Rock
- Ryan Seacrest (At least I know its one interview he won't already have)
What's the bigger motivator for you...fame, money, self satisfaction or boobs?
Famous, money making boobs are pretty self satisfying.
For crissakes, your name is 'Vezzy Parmesan'...what's your favorite Italian place in Providence?
Last time I was questioned this thoroughly, it was under a hot light and I was facing 8-10 years. That being said I would have to say you can't go wrong with Siena or for pizza, I'm a sucker for Sicilia's Stuffed Pies.