10 Questions with ... Lady La
April 9, 2013
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
Started at the bottom, now I'm here. A former ASU business student turned radio/tv personality.
1. What got you into radio?
Joey Boy from the Nutz brought me in as an intern at KKFR. He saw the potential in me, I hadn't known existed.
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be on MTV news like Kurt Loder. That or a mechanic.
3. You've done quite a bit of TV work. What keeps you behind the mic every morning?
Radio gives me a lot of freedom and a lot of creative control. I would like to do more TV if given the opportunity.
4. Did you have radio role models or mentors? Did women on the radio get your attention?
Everyone I have had the pleasure to work with when it comes to my radio career, would be considered a radio veteran. I have several people to thank for where I am. I've found that women have been most supportive.
5. You are an Arizona native, an ASU alum and have been a Phoenix resident for many years. What's your favorite part about living and working in the Valley Of The Sun?
So far it's been seeing the growth. When I moved to Phoenix, the 51 and 101 were just ideas. Seeing the changes, the people my city has attracted, and how much my own element has supported my career is very rewarding. I feel like I thrive in the heat!
6. Who would be your dream radio interview?
The Rock...in studio. I think everyone else would say the President, Oprah, or Beyonce, so I'll just say Dwayne Johnson.
7. As if Radio, TV and modeling weren't enough, you are also in the fashion industry. How did that come about?
I used to run an online women's collective, and that attracted a TON of clientele. An aspiring designer related to my visions and style and gave me full creative control of the women's line. My style has evolved immensely over my career, (thank goodness) and now I have added fitness modeling as a new goal of mine!
8. What do you like to do in your 'spare' time? right now,
I travel write for Arizona Foothills magazine in my 'free time'. I train for my first bikini competition, and cuddle with my dogs!
9. If you could be on any TV reality show or game show, which would you want to be on?
Although it fuels a ton of topics on my show, reality TV just doesn't do it for me. I was on Let's Ask America, a national game show this year, and won a sum of money. I have yet to see that check!
10. How would your 6th grade teacher have described you as a student??
A talker. I got straight A's, but would get in trouble for having an attitude and talking in class, imagine that!
It's a Friday night with Lady La...beer and pizza or sushi and sake?
I don't drink alcohol. So I'd say pizza and dessert!
One more cheesy, questionably sexist question. Boxers or briefs?
I'm just praying for a wonderful, God fearing husband. Underwear is a minor detail! :)