10 Questions with ... Lucas
April 16, 2013
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
- 1994-1996 WXLO/Worcester, MA - overnights
- 1996-1998 WXXX/Burlington, VT - nights
- 1998-1999 WLDI/West Palm Beach, FL - nights
- 1999-2005 KQKS/Denver, CO - afternoons
- 2005-2006 KSEQ/Fresno, CA - mornings
- 2006-2008 KDGS/Wichita, KS - mornings
- 2008-to the present KWIN-KWNN/Stockton-Modesto, CA - mornings
1. Why radio?
My dad was obsessed with radio and always listening to it so I developed a love for it. While I was in college my resident assistant Gavin Spittle got me a job board operating an overnight shift on Saturday and Sunday and from there I never looked back.
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Shortstop for the Oakland A's.
3. You're considered a KWIN vet now. What's biggest difference in the Stockton market since you arrived?
I have seen the city labeled the most miserable city in the US and the murder capitol of California and watched the community get together and make Stockton a better, safer pace to live.
4. What's your favorite part of living and working in the Stockton market?
I love the people and the diversity. This weekend I hosted Apollo night which is a talent show and Saturday afternoon went to a Cambodian New Year celebration at a Buddhist temple and Saturday night introduced Vicente Fernandez. That is a lot of diversity that doesn't exist anywhere else.
5. Stockton took a beating in the collapse of the housing market and economy. How did that affect your morning show broadcasts?
We became an outlet for people to escape but also relate to us. We all live in the community and face the same problems as our listeners. We did a lot of charity work during the holidays and tried to keep everything positive even though there were a lot of problems happening in the community.
6. Raiders or Niners, A's or Giants?
Oakland A's all day I go to about 30 games a year and I am a Raiders fan even though we are going through difficult times. You have stay faithful!!!
7. American Idol, The Voice or X Factor?
The Voice is the best show on TV...I can't stomach American idol anymore it has become very boring and predictable.
8. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I do a lot of outdoor activities...I go to the beach at least once a month and love to go anywhere in the Bay Area...I love spending time with my two boys too..they are always with me.
9. What best describes what social media has done for your show prep?
It has become the most important tool for the show. It is a great way to get listener involvement and we get a ton of topics from social networks as well.
10. What's your favorite recent viral video?
I loved the baseball fan that ran on the field and slid into second base and ran to the outfield trying to climb the wall. Hilarious!
If I could have one super power what would it be?
I would like the ability to fly that way I could get everywhere I need to be easily. Raising two boys on my own I feel like all I do is drive and I am always barely making it on time to everything.
Would you rather win Heisman, World Series or Democratic nomination for President Of The United States?
I would love to win the World Series a ls as a member of the Oakland A's so I could once and for all let all the Giants fans know who the best baseball team is in the Bay Area.