10 Questions with ... Lauren Michaels
July 30, 2013
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
Radio Disney WDWD/Atlanta, KISV/Bakersfield Overnights/Weekends, KKXX/Bakersfield APD/MD/middays, KSRT/Santa Rosa PD/middays, KYLD/San Francisco weekends, KLUC/Las Vegas morning show co-host.
1. What got you into radio?
I met the Radio Disney street team while shopping at Target and fell in love.
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I always knew I wanted to be in the entertainment industry. My father is in the movie business and I was fascinated with all things entertainment. In high school I got into radio. I was that teenage kid that called into Ryan Seacrest on Star 98.7 in Los Angeles every afternoon trying to win anything I could get my hands on.
3. Who is the biggest name celeb following you on Twitter?
Up until a month ago, I thought it was awesome that Paula Deen was following me.
4. Who is the biggest name celeb you follow and why?
I'm ashamed of myself for following Amanda Bynes but I just can't quit her.
5. You once threw a bachelorette party with midget strippers. Who is next on your list for unusual party strippers?
Do you really think I or anyone could top hiring midget strippers? Have you ever been picked up and thrown over the shoulders of a little person? It was life changing.
6. Who wins a twerk-off, you or Miley Cyrus?
I'm not sure if you know this but I'm a former dancer. Although I never learned 'twerking' formally, I do believe my rhythm and booty popping skills could go up against Miley.
7. What TV or movie character's personality is probably closest to your own? What would Chet and Spence say?
For once, can this not be about Chet and Spence?
8. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I like cuddling, drinking, working out and trying to make a baby with my husband.
9. You've won big on The Price Is Right. Is there another game show adventure in your future?
Last year for about 3 days I really thought I could win the Amazing Race.
10. If you could have one superhero power, what would it be?
The power to make stupid people stop talking.
You've worked with Chet and Spence for many years now. Use one or two sentences to describe each of them?
Seriously, can this be just about me for once?
Where's the secret spot that many Las Vegas visitors WISH they knew about before they left Las Vegas for home? (not including your baby maker)
My baby maker is up there for sure. Good looking out, Pete. Whenever I have friends in town I make sure they go to the Hofbräuhaus. It's across the street from the Hard Rock Hotel and by far the best time you will have drinking with your buddies.