10 Questions with ... Shelley Wade
August 20, 2013
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
I can also be heard every weekend on KBIG, 104.3 MYfm Los Angeles
1. What got you into radio?
My high school was a School of Communications where we learned radio, television and such.
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A Grammy Award-winning singer.
3. You've just moved to San Diego from New York. The two cities are not only on opposite coasts but they are practically polar opposites personality-wise. How are you handling the differences and change?
So far, so good. I mean, I'm still living out of a suitcase, so that's not as conducive to balance as I'd like it to be. I need to find a home and a car since I haven't driven in the last few years living in the NYC area.
I do have a rental car right now, so I've been driving around and exploring the lay of the land. It's so beautiful here...just what my soul & spirit need at this moment in my life. I had been thinking about change for quite some time now and moving from New York to San Diego seems almost to be the perfect definition of change. I'm excited to see what this kind of drastic change will mean for my life in big picture sense.
4. You grew up singing. Do you do any singing publically now?
Sporadically. The last time I actually performed in public was in 2008 when I sang the National Anthem at a New York Knicks game at Madison Square Garden. Those are the only kinds of big events I'll show off my singing skills at from now on. I mean...I'll sing for the Grammys or the Oscars, but other than that... Lol, just kidding. I'll probably start performing around San Diego soon. I'll def keep you posted.
5. What do you find most exciting about your relocation to America's Finest City?
Oh, the weather...without a doubt!
6. You've changed formats, going from Top 40 to a new Rhythmic AC. How do you like the music on 95.7 Kiss-FM?
I don't like the music on 95.7 KISS FM, I LOVE the music! It really is a fun format. I find myself dancing, singing and blasting the speakers consistently.
7. If you weren't in radio, what do you think you would be doing professionally?
Singing or hosting TV talk show...all the things I wanted to do as a kid have remained passions of mine.
8. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Well hopefully I'll find new adventures in my spare time since I'm getting to know a new place. But I'm all clubbed out from all of my years of club broadcasts, so I typically like to do chilled out things like dinner and cocktails with friends, going to the movies and such.
9. If you could be on any TV reality show or game show, which would you want to be on?
Rock Jeopardy! Jeopardy is my fav game show and I thought Rock Jeopardy would be a perfect show for me since music is my passion. I tried like hell to get on there when they were in production, but no such luck.
10. Near term goals at 95.7 Kiss-FM?
Find me a home, a new car, new friends, form great bonds with my new co-workers and listeners and to help get 95.7 KISS FM on the map.
Beer and pizza or sushi and sake?
I don't do beer, so it'd have to be sushi and sake...provided that the sushi is a shrimp tempura roll.