10 Questions with ... Edwin "DJ E-Wrek" Ruano
March 11, 2014
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
I started at a college radio station, KCSB at UCSB and I've been with AGM for almost 10 years.
1. If I wasn't in radio, I'd be ____________?
If I wasn't in radio i would be going crazy!!
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
This might sound corny but I always wanted to be a DJ on the radio. Guess what I kinda grew up and here I am doing radio and yes! I DJ.
3. Who handles your station's social media efforts?
Myself along with my promotions team
4. What's the night life like in Santa Maria?
Well Walmart is popping at night special on the weekends or did you mean night clubs? Well night life here isn't like the big cities but we have our share of local small spots that get jumping on the weekends.
5. What would probably surprise most people about your market?
That we have some of the best sushi in Cali. And that this is the birth place of Tri-Tip BBQ and also this is where the Michael Jackson trial was held.
6. What's your favorite song on the station right now?
Tech N9NE-Fragile the whole sound of the song is dope.
7. What would be your reaction if your children expressed interest in going into Radio?
My reaction would be......I hope you know this radio thing is more about passion then money? After that I would say, "go on get yo thang!!!"
8. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I like to do N-O-T-H-I-N-G....... just hang out at home and enjoy my wife and kids.
9. If you could be on any TV reality show or game show, which would you want to be on?
Cake Boss...believe it or not, I have baking skills
10. Noticing any shifts in Rhythmic music in last few months?
I feel like Hip Hop is making a come back as well as R&B.
If you had to eat one type of meal everyday for a month, what would it be?
Your "go to" romantic spot in Santa Maria?