10 Questions with ... Ryan Drake
April 15, 2014
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
- 2003- nights at WDKF/Dayton
- 2006- APD at then WDKF/Dayton
- 2007-2010 PD/afternoons at WDKF/Dayton
- 2011- Present PD/afternoons at WDHT/Dayton
1. What got you into radio?
My dad was in entertainment all my life, so I think it was encoded in my DNA! Honestly, I just have always loved Radio.
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
My mom says I always wanted to be a trash man and ice cream man on the weekdays, and a doctor on the weekends...so Radio fits perfectly!
3. What's your favorite thing about The Ohio State University?
Everything! The tradition, the nostalgia, the love, the expectations of greatness non stop, the sounds, the sights, the"Shoe", EVERYTHING.
4. Who is on your air staff at Hot?
Russ Parr holds down the morning and we are jockless in the midday. I do afternoons and then The Partyman crushes nights.
5. What would probably surprise most people about Dayton?
It is such a different city. You have a melting pot of great people and cultures. But if I had to pick one, it's their Unity. They are winners. No matter how down the economy gets, they pull through and keep it together. Once you're accepted, you are good with Dayton. Unity.
6. What's your favorite song on the station right now?
Young Money featuring Drake - Trophies.
7. If you weren't in radio, what do you think you'd be doing professionally?
Hard to say, because this is all I know!!
8. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I'm always with my son doing dad/son things. It's T-Ball Season! But I love anything Buckeyes, love BBQs with family and friends and hitting the local pub. It's all low-key stuff.
9. If you could be on any TV reality show or game show, which would you want to be on?
Family Feud for sure! I'd love to hear what perverse stuff my family drops!
10. Hypothetical question...If you were getting married in two months and you could have any group or singer perform at your reception, who would you choose?
Van Morrison. That would be bananas
If you had to eat one type of meal everyday for a month, what would it be?
If you could be one of the Avengers, which would you want to be?
Captain America. That dude is all patriotic, super strength and gets Scarlett Johansen. Win, win, win!