10 Questions with ... Johnny O
May 20, 2014
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
I'm a radio gypsy. I started radio in Lubbock many, many moons ago by way of Houston to San Antonio, through Corpus Christi and down to the Rio Grande Valley...McAllen, TX.
1. What got you into radio?
As a kid, when I saw a radio dj at my sister's party. All the girls were around him plus HE WAS GETTING PAID!!! I said, "damn...I gotz to do this!"
2. Do you remember the first time you walked into a radio station? What was your first impression like?
I thought it was a Mexican version of WKRP In Cincinnati. (It was a Spanish station.)
3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A morning jock just like Tom Joyner.
4. Who was probably the most important radio figure in your early career?
5. What would probably surprise most people about your market?
The size of the market and how many people live right next door in Mexico.
6. What's your favorite song on the station right now?
Pharrell Williamas - Come Get It Bae
7. If you weren't in radio, what do you think you'd be doing professionally?
I'd probably be a nightclub owner.
8. Chupacabra...fact or fiction? Have you ever seen anything that you thought might have been a chupacabra?
Definitely a fact...his name is Billy Santiago (CCM+E/McAllen-Brownsville OM)
9. What would your conversation with your daughter be like if she told you that she was going to be a contestant on The Bachelor?
Can you wear a Wild 104 Shirt?
10. Would you rather be a superstar athlete or superstar musician?
A superstar musician.
If you had to eat one type of meal everyday for a month, what would it be?
What would you like to do better next week?
Pick better lottery numbers (lottery)