10 Questions with ... Short-E
July 8, 2014
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
Started my career at 106 KMEL in San Francisco. I worked there for 9 years, moved to Sacramento and Entravision for KBMB and KHHM for 8 years, and now I'm at my new home at KSFM.
1. What got you into radio?
The love and passion of music and seeing the reaction to when you make someone's day with a song.
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I didn't grow that much, I'm still as tall as I was when I was a kid. True story! First choice was an electrical engineer and my second choice was being on the radio. I never thought my second choice was achievable...I was wrong.
3. What was the biggest change in the move from KSFM?
I immediately felt the weight of being at the heritage station in the market. 1025 KSFM has a huge audience and people from the Bay to Chico can hear us. 1025 KSFM is a reflection of Sacramento and the City is growing every year so being a part of that is fun!
4. How would you feel about your daughter being on The Bachelor?
I don't have any kids but if I did have a daughter as long as I keep her off the stripper pole then I have succeeded as a dad, right? I mean that's the Chris Rock rule of thumb.
5. You're from the Bay Area and you've been in Sacramento for many years. Could you move to Los Angeles and maybe even become a Dodgers fan?
I love Los Angeles and I've been going to LA my whole life. I've even gone to a Dodger game wearing my SF Giants gear. I would love to live in LA but I can't jump teams like that. I love the rivalry and talking crap to my Dodger fan homies shouts out to Brian Gray, Dan Posner, and Stefani Cole!
6. What's your favorite song on the station right now?
Childish Gambino '3005'. That track grew organically from iPods to being one of the stand out songs of the summer.
7. If you weren't in radio, what do you think you'd be doing professionally?
I would have found my way in to the silicon valley somehow someway.
8. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Sports...watching or playing them.
9. I can't help but guess TV commercial voiceovers. Do you know who voices Chase's TV spots?
Morgan Freeman does some spots, doesn't he? George Clooney, too. Queen Latifah? I don't know. I DVR stuff so I skip commercials. The only ones I see now are on YouTube videos which sucks.
10. If you were just a little bit more famous, how would you deal with paparazzi?
I would be cool and just let them do their gig. As long as they don't put my family or friends in jeopardy then who cares.
If you had to eat one type of meal every day for a month, what would it be?
I'd probably go with Peruvian food. That's my favorite.