10 Questions with ... Miggy Santos
July 29, 2014
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
- WFLY/Albany, NY (intern)
- KFTZ/Idaho Falls, ID (nights )
- KXIX/Bend OR (nights)
- WYLD/Green Bay, WI (Afternoons)
- WXLK/Roanoke VA (MD/Afternoons )
- KSTE/New Orleans ( APD /MD/Afternoon Drive)
- KZMG/Boise (Afternoons /PD)
- KWYE/Fresno (PD/morning host)
1. What got you into radio?
Honestly when I was growing up I was always interested in how radio worked and I finally got a shot at an internship at Fly in Albany when I was a junior in high school. I was hooked and knew that this was what I wanted to do for a living. I was blessed to be hired by Brad Collins right out of graduation from HS for my first full night gig at Z103 in Idaho Falls. THANKS BRAD :)
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I actually wanted to be a few things:
You know all of the cliché jobs all kids want to be
3. What's been the most rewarding aspect of your radio career, so far?
The most rewarding aspect is when you are out in public and people come up to you and say "You know what Miggy, you make my mornings and I appreciate you" That makes me feel really good knowing that I am apart of peoples lives everyday. I just love people in general and if I can entertain people every morning and put smiles on their faces. I am a happy guy .
4. While you're not a grizzled radio vet yet, what advice would you give a radio newbie?
The first thing I would say is make sure you love what you do and be happy/smart! Always be willing to go above and beyond and the pay off in the long run will be huge. Most importantly be you, I have seen tons of people get HUGE egos that had some great talent but perception is reality. So make sure people know who YOU are.
5. How glamorous is living and working in Las Vegas?
I get to live in one of the best cities in the WORLD. It is truly glamorous and I have to tell you, I learn something new everyday in this city. Just when you thought you have seen all the glamour nope there is more and more after that!
6. If your morning partner, Mia Amor, had to choose between last night's two Bachelorette finalists, which would she have chosen?
Well honestly I don't think she would be happy with either gentlemen! Mia is a very vocal person and she was not excited about either so I think she would have just said "BYE FELECIA" LOL If she had to pick I would say Josh ( Well that's who she pointed to ) haha
7. If you weren't in radio, what do you think you'd be doing for a living?
I honestly don't know. I don't think I want to know! I'm just blessed that Sherita believes in my talents and myself to lead this morning show. It's an honor to work for an owner (Mr. Kemp) and a Program Director (Sherita Saulsberry) who love local radio and who really is involved.
8. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I am a homebody during the week Monday - Thursday in bed by 7 pm etc so there is not a whole lot to do there. However if you have ever met me you know I enjoy good food, drinks, and company. I love to be around people and I try to get out as much as possible to enjoy this Vegas Life. #TURNUP ha ha ha
9. What was the first things people said to you when you told them you were moving to Las Vegas?
Well it depends on who I told. There was a lot of reaction! Here is the reaction I got the most, "Miggy and Vegas...UH OH!"
10. We all know the glitzy places to go on the Strip. Where and what's your secret Las Vegas local hangout?
Actually, my favorite place to hang out is downtown on Fremont or if I was on the strip I love the old school style casinos. Another great place to hang is this new area at the Linqs that is a really good time and I would recommend that.
If you had to eat one type of meal everyday for a month, what would it be?
Italian ALL DAY! Love it.
What would you like to hear more of on your show?
I would love to hear listener interaction on every single break. With social media and texting at times it is difficult. I miss the old school ways of personalities working the phones after every break. It takes some time and effort for you to get those phones ringing! Content is key! We have tons of interaction now but I want more!