10 Questions with ... D-Wayne Chavez
October 21, 2014
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
Been with Hot 98.3 my entire radio career. Fifteen years with the station.
1. What got you into radio?
DJing and the love for music
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I knew I wanted to be in the music industry but not quite sure doing what. I loved music then my older brother started djing and it wasn't long 'til I picked it up as well.
3. You've been working in the Tucson market for many years. What about the radio landscape has changed the most?
The Radio landscape has changed in so many different ways from having a full on-air staff to only having a few local djs for each radio station. Also, social media had definitely taken over getting our brands out there if you haven't engaged on social media you are falling behind.
4. What do you think would surprise a first time visitor to Tucson the most?
How much Tucson has to offer and how diverse the city is. It's a little big city with lots of culture.
5. U Of A is a big part of the Tucson community. Does the University and the student body play a big role on what you do at Hot?
Definitely, Tucson is a college town and what we have done is create a partnership with the U of A cheerleaders and athletes to come in the studio and host their own countdown show on Fridays during the football and basketball season.
6. Best story from D-Wayne's Party Bus to Punto Penasco/Rocky Point?
WOW there are so many to pick from but if I had to pick the best one it was when we saw these girls...you fill in the blank ______.
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I like to spend time relaxing chilling with family. Playing some basketball, volleyball, cycling; anything to get the heart pumping.
8. If you could be on any TV reality show or game show, which would you want to be on?
I would want to be on Family Feud. It seems like now, you can say anything on that show. lol
9. Hypothetical question...If you were getting married in two months and you could have any group or singer perform at your reception, who would you choose?
It's got to be John Legend. he can get down with some good love songs as well as rock the party!
10. Beer and pizza or sushi and sake?
Sushi and Sake for sure
What's your favorite Tucson meal?
The Sonoran hot dog is a favorite after the club at 2 am but you can't go wrong at Mi Nidito Mexican restaurant if you have chance to try it get the #4, two chili rellenos rice and beans. President Bill Clinton even ate there so you know you can't go wrong