10 Questions with ... Sherita Saulsberry
November 4, 2014
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
We launched KVEG, HOT 97.5 IN 2001. Fast forward to today, I AM STILL HERE and we have three additional signals, KVGQ 106.9, KMZQ 670AM and KEMP 99.3!
1. What do you love about Radio?
Radio is the opposite of 'boring'. Everyday brings a new experience.
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a back up dancer for Janet Jackson...seriously!
3. What's probably the biggest misconception about Las Vegas?
That it's full of sin and that's just not true. Las Vegas is quite conservative once you get off The Strip.
4. From your experience, what do newly arriving hires at the station find surprising about living and working in Las Vegas?
I think newbies are surprised to find that locals avoid The Strip at all costs
5. Do you ever get concerned about content in music today?
Of course. I have a little girl and would die if she belted out, "push your panties to the side, I'm gonna make you feel alright." GROSS!
6. What's your favorite song on the station right now?
Don't judge, but I'm still in love with LATCH by Disclosure.
7. If you weren't in radio, what do you think you'd be doing?
I would definitely be working in PR specifically managing celebrity chefs.
8. Las Vegas locals don't spend much of their spare time in casinos, right? What do you like to do locally?
That's correct. Last night, my Promotions Director, Robert Raya and I hit up Chinatown until 2 am singing karaoke and eating Kimchee...that's how we roll.
9. If you could be on any TV reality show or game show, which would you want to be on?
First choice would be Top Chef as a host or judge. Second choice, Big Brother as a contestant and third RuPaul's Drag Race as a judge!
10. Las Vegas has a ridiculous number of restaurants per capita/or square mile. Which are some of your favorites?
My favorites...Nove, Mastro's Ocean Club & Wolfgang @ Crystals, Le Thai, La Comida, Lotus of Siam, Strip Steak, and of course Giada's is AMAZE-BALLS!
Do you have a musical guilty pleasure?
MY guilty pleasure is I will listen to anything from Britney Spears even if people say it's not good. I like ALL of her music!
If you could have one super power, which would you want?
I would want a super power that would rid the world of violence!