10 Questions with ... Jaime "Hamm" Valenzuela
January 20, 2015
1. What got you into radio?
I was always that kid in grade school that you would hear giving shouts out over the air to people from school. DJ Slo Motion, now on KPRR/El Paso told me one day, "You get me hype every time you call in."
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted a career in law enforcement.
3. Do you have any phobias?
4. What would probably surprise most people about San Antonio?
San Antonio isn't a western, dirt, horseback riding city. Iit has moved up and evolved to a more up-to-date city that is growing
5. If you weren't in radio, what do you think you'd be doing professionally?
I would have to say an Executive chef on an exotic island or cruise ship. Cooking A delicious meal always satisfies the stomach.
6. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Kick back with the Family and put some meat on the grill!!
7. What's probably the best radio advice you've ever received?
The classic "Never burn a bridge!"
8. What could San Antonio use more of?
San Antonio could use more of a kid-friendly sightseeing atmosphere for tourists and local kids.
9. If you had to eat one type of meal everyday for a month, what would it be?
10. Your "go to" romantic spot in San Antonio?
I like to go to Zinc Bistro & Bar but with reservation in the wine cellar. Also, I love Gray Moss Inn in Helotes, about 30 minutes outside of town.